Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"...Years ago, when AirTran began LA service with the Airbus..."

When did AirTran fly Airbii?

Price, on-time, and arrive with bags seem to be the only thing people care about nowadays.

Heck, is there anything else to care about!!!???

I only care about the first two...not necessarily in that order...I carry on...

What else is there...other than avoid booking on an RJ, which I also do. Add that to the list.

"...Years ago, when AirTran began LA service with the Airbus..."

When did AirTran fly Airbii?

They contracted it out to Ryan until the 737s came on line....Contract flying with airplanes of any size is OK unless you are a "regional"....

They can do that? Please tell me you're kidding.
No, we're not kidding.

The problem this month seems to be that FLICA is including F/O open time in the CA open time bin, and the CA's picking up trips from open time only realize it's an F/O trip when the final pairing shows up in their schedule.

It's a glitch, but there ARE Captains who are DELIBERATELY picking up F/O open time for CA pay. I have my personal feelings on the matter, but it's a matter of personal preference.

Interestingly enough, right seat Sim qualification training for CA's has become mandatory, although the assignment of F/O trips for CA's is still strictly voluntary.

I call BS on that one. I haven't heard about or seen 2 CAs flying together except for IOE. And I sure haven't seen FO open time show up in FLICA. I'm staring at that screen watching for open time most of the days it seems.

By the way, it's the line holders who pick up most of the open time, not the reserves as the urban legend goes...........

I call BS on that one. I haven't heard about or seen 2 CAs flying together except for IOE. And I sure haven't seen FO open time show up in FLICA. I'm staring at that screen watching for open time most of the days it seems.
Go check out the private boards, been posted there for 2 days...

By the way, it's the line holders who pick up most of the open time, not the reserves as the urban legend goes...........
Didn't say it was the reserves, although guys are b*tching about that, too, wondering why they aren't allowed to touch it on their off-days, especially if it's still in open time the day before.

No, we're not kidding.

The problem this month seems to be that FLICA is including F/O open time in the CA open time bin, and the CA's picking up trips from open time only realize it's an F/O trip when the final pairing shows up in their schedule.

It's a glitch, but there ARE Captains who are DELIBERATELY picking up F/O open time for CA pay. I have my personal feelings on the matter, but it's a matter of personal preference.

Interestingly enough, right seat Sim qualification training for CA's has become mandatory, although the assignment of F/O trips for CA's is still strictly voluntary.

Heard the same thing, personally I think that any Captain who deliberately picks up FO open time is a piece of @#%$!!!! Stick to your own opentime pot or go back to the right seat. There are enough people lining their own pockets here already.

They can do that? Please tell me you're kidding.

Nope. It's allowed per the contract. I haven't seen anyone doing it, although I've heard that some are. Probably the same group that supported raising the retirement age. :rolleyes:

They contracted it out to Ryan until the 737s came on line....Contract flying with airplanes of any size is OK unless you are a "regional"....

The difference is that the outsourcing was temporary just to allow time for the 737s to arrive. Permanent outsourcing is a big difference.

The difference is that the outsourcing was temporary just to allow time for the 737s to arrive. Permanent outsourcing is a big difference.

It was a very smart move by the company and the NPA to have Ryan make an early entry into LAX. We were able (with the help of Delta adding a ton of capacity) to run Jet Blue out of ATL.

Latest resources

Back