• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran Airways posts Record Net Quarterly Earnings

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hate to break it to ya, but Air Tran pilots' slaries effect everyone else in the industry. If you are saying that you believe that Air Tran pilots are fairly compensated, then that is that, at least the rest of the industry will know where they stand. I think Yuppy is frustrated that four years later you have a company making record profits during the worst recession since the great depression, but their pilots seem content with below average pay and benefits. I think it's human nature though, because the pillots think that the record profits will result in record growth and at least they won't be stuck at the bottom.

Very true,

It would be a crime not to watch, encourage, and sometimes even demand that some pilot groups stand up for themselves. Every action in this industry has a reaction. If you don't see it, perhaps you're not paying close enough attention.

So yes, any group that makes gains, gives up losses, or that simply is not up to the fight, indirectly affects the rest of us. Like it or not, it is what it is.

Therefore, we should all be watching with the upmost concern.

Relax guys. There is enough pi$$ed off guys to make a difference. AAI pilots aren't just sitting on their hands watching the world go by. We got pi$$ed at NPA and booted them out. Now that we are ALPA at least their is some leadership, and that is what was missing. You can't expect to get a good raise while fuel prices are about to drive your company into bankruptcy, and that is what almost happened last year. Now we are making good profits and guys are starting to "get it". AAI managment loves thier ontime performance, and from what Ive seen, its suffering. Ive heard the rumor that SK has said "the pilots will let us know when they are really mad". Well, I think that time has come. Id be willing to bet we will have a TA by Halloween that has CPT pay topping out close to $180 and FO pay between JBL and ALA FO rates. I'm not saying I agree with that, but if thats the TA, it will pass. I will vote for it as well........... With a $20 grand bonus....... I'm sure that AAI will raise the bar a little, not much, but based on the fact that we are draggin up the bottom right now, I think we will see some very good gains.

It's Brown... he's always throwing subtle flame bait...

Subtle? 100% flame bait. I've seen him troll both sides of ALPA/USAPA cage fight threads.

He and Instructor Dude should get a room.

RAH will be the new trend setter in wages. They are the new super airline conglomerate. Expect no better than RAH+1%.
Brown.....get out the lube and do something productive on your computer.....or get studied up on your next lesson, s-turns are tough!!!!
Did you pass the written yet?

Hate to break it to ya, but Air Tran pilots' slaries effect everyone else in the industry. If you are saying that you believe that Air Tran pilots are fairly compensated, then that is that, at least the rest of the industry will know where they stand. I think Yuppy is frustrated that four years later you have a company making record profits during the worst recession since the great depression, but their pilots seem content with below average pay and benefits. I think it's human nature though, because the pillots think that the record profits will result in record growth and at least they won't be stuck at the bottom.

You need to do a bit or reading...

http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/airlines/major-national-lcc/allegiant.html

-AirTran guys are paid way more than ALGT... These guys are who you should really worry about-plus ALGT is making huge piles of money.

About the same time the UAL Pilots figure out how to call in sick without getting a court injunction..... LMFAO!! Pot... meet kettle...

How's that career of yours going? 10+ years... and you are still broke, bitter, and stupid.

That's OK... Flightinfo is the PERFECT place for you to park that dumazz of yours.... and enlighten everyone about the Airline Industry.... something reality reflects that in 10+ years you apparently haven't EVER figured out how to make work for YOU.

That's OK... you will be furloughed (AGAIN)... and still sit around broke, bitter, and still stupid, offerring your online "pearls of wisdom" about everyone else, instead of logging off the computer and actually IMPROVING your life and career.... It defines the the phrase "hypocritical irony".

Keep up the good work "G"!

LMFAO!!

It's most unfortunate for me isn't it and the rest of the UAL pilots...I think I must have hit a nerve w/ you and find it ironic you would spend so much time spewing your bitter hatred at me but that's okay...See you in the jumpseat soon!

Latest resources

Back