Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ifly4food

ifly4food.com
Anybody see the nice new A320 in AirTran paint over on ATL ramp 3 the other day?

Looks like Airtran is getting serious about competing with JetBlue.

Ryan's doing the West Coast (LAX, etc.) runs for Citrus b/c they can't do them themselves with the 717's. I understand they had a hard enough time with DEN from ATL.

Re: ryan A320

tired_pilot said:
Its a long term code share with Ryan International.

It's not a code share, it's a wet-lease. The flights are operated as AirTran, but with Ryan's aircraft. Expect AirTran to announce a new aircraft order by the end of this month (rumors persist it will be announced by AirTran and Boeing at the Paris Air Show), with deliveries beginning next year. I don't expect this deal with Ryan to be for more than 1 year.

As far as the ATL-DEN service goes, we have converted the engines on 5 aircraft to C1s, with 21,500 lbs of thrust. This takes care of any problems this route would present.

Last edited:
Re: Re: ryan A320

flx757 said:
As far as the ATL-DEN service goes, we have converted the engines on 5 aircraft to C1s, with 21,500 lbs of thrust. This takes care of any problems this route would present.

Thanks for the info......I was told about the possible problems from a 717 CA while jumping about 2 months prior to the new service. He said at the time that it was hopefully only a computer chip fix, but obviously it has cost more money. At least it was accomplished.

Re: Re: Re: ryan A320

Long Time Gone said:
He said at the time that it was hopefully only a computer chip fix, but obviously it has cost more money. At least it was accomplished.

As I understand it, that's exactly what it is. A computer chip fix.

How many are they supposed to end up operating???? I saw it today for the first time in person......sweet!!!!!! AD

Latest resources

Back