AirTran 737-600s ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hawkerflyer

Justplanes.com is reporting that 6 options that AirTran converted into firm orders are for the -600. Truth or just a typo ?

If they did it would be for the 800. I don't think they make the 600 anymore (if they ever did). That will be nice for the AAI guys on the 737. About $172 an hour with the override for a 12 year guy, that's not too bad for a 73 driver. I will believe it when I see it though.

They will be 737-700's and/or 737-800's

hawkerflyer said:
Justplanes.com is reporting that 6 options that AirTran converted into firm orders are for the -600. Truth or just a typo ?

I haven't seen any official press release, and have only read the statement on justplanes.com so I really can't confirm if the converted options is fact or not.

What I can confirm is that AirTran has firm orders for 50 737-700's and options for 50 more. If this justplanes report is true, all that is happening is that we have converted 6 of the 50 options into firm orders.

The initial orders were for 737-700's, and any of those can be switched to 737-800's with advance notice (I believe 15-18 months).

So all this to simply say that all current AirTran 737 orders will be either -700 or -800 models.

The six new orders are in fact converted options from the 50/50 order, the -600 may be a typo for more -700s or 800s. There was never any mention of converting to -600s in the original announcement, just -800s which is why it caught my eye. And yes, the -600 is still being built, WestJet Canada just took delivery of their first one. Air Algerie, Tunis Air, Lauda/Austrian and SAS are among current -600 operators.

gt1900 said:
If they did it would be for the 800. I don't think they make the 600 anymore (if they ever did). That will be nice for the AAI guys on the 737. About $172 an hour with the override for a 12 year guy, that's not too bad for a 73 driver. I will believe it when I see it though.

Westjet of Canada just picked up their first 737-600 this week.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back