Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

citabriapilot

V Murdda...
A friend of mine just told me of a friend of his who got hired at AirTran yesterday. Claims that he only instructed and then flew Part 135 with no 121 time. Is he misinformed or are they interviewing without the 500 hours 121 PIC?

Staffing has been increasingly desperate to fill classes lately, so I wouldn't be too surprised if they don't selectively relax the rules. I had a friend with zero pt 121 PIC get an interview last year (while things were going great guns), but he had a bunch of turbine PIC and several corporate jet type ratings. He didn't get the job offer, though.

So it would be OK to apply without meeting the POSTED minimum requirements? I was under the impression that some airlines stuck to that like glue and would toss the resume/app. if you didn't meet the mins and then put you in the "cannot follow directions" file.

Staffing has been increasingly desperate to fill classes lately, so I wouldn't be too surprised if they don't selectively relax the rules.

And yet despite no violations, incidents or accidents, two captain walk-ins, meeting them at Air-Inc and regular updates for the last three years, they still haven't called.

And yet despite no violations, incidents or accidents, two captain walk-ins, meeting them at Air-Inc and regular updates for the last three years, they still haven't called

I like you am continually amazed at how these things work. I meet the mins, made a good impression at the job fair, have a recommendation, and still no call. I will never get it. There are always the stories of someone with low time getting the call and people who exceed the times not. I think sometimes it is a lottery and they just randomly pull names to interview.

I'm in the same boat. I have about 1700 hrs jet pic, but it's all part 91 corporate. I did my online app today, and had no probs. Got the e-mail within minutes saying it would be reviewed. I believe there were 4 boxes to check regarding the 121 pic.

It read something like: In regards to your turbine pic 121/or aircraft commander time you have....

Greater than 5000 hrs
2000-4000 hrs
1000-2000 hrs
less than 500 hrs

I checked the last, and like I say it went through. Maybe we can all get lucky!!!

I have helped 2 friends with no 121 PIC get interviews in the past two years. They both were hired, so work it, baby, work it!

Disclaimer- if this TA gets approved, you won't want to work here . . . hopefully, we will put it down like a mad dog, and get a real TA.

I like you am continually amazed at how these things work. .

I am right there with you. It is a damn lottery. I applied to B6 12/04 and got a call for the interview 2.5 years later this 06/07!!! I applied to AAI 01/00 and have been updating regularly. I've heard nothing-ever-with job fairs and internal recs.

My life and career have changed so much since then. I guess apply, update occasionally and forget about it. Worked for me :nuts:

Tailwinds...

Then there are those lucky pains in the a$$es.......WWYD? SWA, JB, Airtran, Fedex, or UPS? I've had offers from all five. thanks in advance.

I am in a place now where I am not in a hurry to move on. For the time being it seems to be a pretty decent place. So even if AirTran were to call now, I'd probably say thanks but no thanks.

Of course I have learned never say never.

Latest resources

Back