• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airport friendly BOOTS? Do they exist?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Although my older brother suffers from gout, I just have extremely wide feet. I wear a pair of Rockport 9.5XW shoes for work and they are ok. In tennis shoes I wear a 10EEEE. I also have high arches and that is why it is so hard for me to find boots that work. I would love to find a nice pair of black boots that I could wear to ride my motorcycle plus a decent pair to wear to work in the winter.

I am constantly looking for shoes/boots that are wide enough. Even when the shoes are made in widths many stores don't carry the wides so I end up buying them online just to try them out. I've ordered and sent back at least 6 pairs of boots in the past year and am currently test driving a pair of hiking boots (inside) as well, and I don't think they are going to cut it.

Oh well, my search will continue.

FJ

You might have to have one custom made or, as was said in like the 3rd or 4th post, buy a boot you want and take it to a boot shop, have it taken apart, and have the metal shank replaced with a fiberglass shank.

Lear70 - I’ve actually done just that, but each shoe store I’ve been to they just scratch their heads and rell me they just don’t know where to get a non-metal shank “that’d fit.” Any suggestions?

AAflyer – thanks, I’m calling Justin to find out if it has metal shank or not, I appreciate it…

Flyer,

Your welcome, I actually went to order myself new premium ropers, and I looked around the site for you. We got lucky! Hope they work.

Enjoy and Happy Holidays,

AAflyer

Well, the bad news, the Justins had a metal shank :(

The good news, I found out that some styles they can replace the metal shank with a fiberglass shank but you need a special order (costs a little extra I think it was about $20). This style was one of them so the order is now placed!

Thank you! :)

I have a pair of ropers that I spent about $60 resoling and removing the shank. Worked fine.

I had that metal shank as well and had it removed. I bought my boots prior to 9/11. They still work great. Also, they can glue the heal where you won't have those nails ringing any bells either.

I think that Justin has a pair now that is beeper friendly. I highly recommend them to those who will be doing the walk-around in snow or rain. :)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back