airport analysis

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

fisherpilot

I'm gonna post this on the corporate board as well (admin if this is not legal, please delete post). I was wondering what kind of pain it is to get a airport analysis for 135 operators. We are 91/135 and are needing to be able to get into certain airports when operating 135. The 80% rule would allow us to use the airports we are needing to operate out of on a regular basis. Are FSDO's willing to approve this?

thanks

FP

Yes, they'll aprove, but I'm not sure how much of a pain it is. But I think Runway Analysis and the 80% rule relief (DAAP) are 2 different things. DAAP allows us to get into airports like SMO in the Citation 10, and runway/airport analysis allows us to get out of airports like ASE when the weather is down. We use APG's mobile program on our EFBs for the runway analysis, great program.

Yes, they'll aprove, but I'm not sure how much of a pain it is. But I think Runway Analysis and the 80% rule relief (DAAP) are 2 different things. DAAP allows us to get into airports like SMO in the Citation 10, and runway/airport analysis allows us to get out of airports like ASE when the weather is down. We use APG's mobile program on our EFBs for the runway analysis, great program.

I may be misinformed, but I was told that the FAA will approve the 80% easier if you have an airport analysis to back up the perfomance info. I have never done anything like this so I have no idea. All I know is I sure hate telling our pax that we can't land at a certain airport when the weather is beautiful just cause we are operating under 135, especially when their other plane which is twice our size can do it all day any day. (don't ask why we aren't 91 all the time, beats me)

FP

I'll take a very dated stab at this (almost 10 years out of 135).

I believe at the time we used Jepps for our airport analysis. At the time all we had to do was call them to get whatever airport we needed. It was faxed to them our the aircraft.

I am certain that there are more and perhaps cheaper alternatives but hopefully I helped you out.

Actually it's fairly easy. There are a number of vendors that can provide all the data required for "eligible on demand" 80% landing operations, as well as provide engine-out alternate departure procedures and data. This allows us to get higher takeoff weights at airports like Aspen, Eagle, etc. We use Aircraft Performance Group; find em at http://atlas.apg.aero. Once you show your POI that you can obtain and follow the procedures/data you can apply for the addition of ops spec A057.

I'm gonna post this on the corporate board as well (admin if this is not legal, please delete post). I was wondering what kind of pain it is to get a airport analysis for 135 operators. We are 91/135 and are needing to be able to get into certain airports when operating 135. The 80% rule would allow us to use the airports we are needing to operate out of on a regular basis. Are FSDO's willing to approve this?

thanks

FP

gotta get c049 and a057 added to your ops spec. it will require an addition to your training program as well as tabletop validation with the fed's. look in the 8900 all the info you need is there to get it going.

Latest resources

Back