Airplanes in Hawaii

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FlyChicaga

I'm out here in Oahu all week, and my friend keeps getting on my case about getting an airplane and flying around the island or over to Maui. She used to fly, but then got into the Naval Academy, and wasn't selected for a pilot position. So, whenever we get together, we try to go fly. But since she's been out here, I'm not checked out, so it's really difficult!

I checked out the biplane rides up at Dillingham Field, but for $300 each that's a bit out of our price range. I've been thinking maybe gliders, which is cheap, and we've both flown the SGS-33A which they have here before. But if I could find something powered in the $100 an hour range, that would be best! We just want to cruise VFR for an hour or two. I don't know how extensive the check-outs up here are. Plus, she's military, but I'm the pilot, so I think military flying clubs are out of the question.

Any ideas?

GIA Big Iron said:
if you are on vacation in Hawaii i would recommend GETTING THE HELL OFF THE COMPUTER AND FLIGHTINFO!

It's like 9am! I got a coffee, and my board, and am heading out. But I do need the INFO! :D

I would rent a kite and see how high you can fly. Bring your laptop with you and type in flightinfo as you fall back to the ground!

You probably already left for the day...I was just at dillingham this morning. Good friends of mine run the Microlight rides out of dillingham. Verrrrry cool thing to do out there. Their website is... http://www.paradiseairhawaii.com its a bit cheaper than Bruce's stearman rides. As for renting aircraft in hawaii...well it is pretty pathetic. Most places are really just geared for training and not so plane club oriented. If you want to do something non aviation related some other good friends of mine run a shark tour business (which is also a great time). His website is http://www.hawaiisharkencounters.com Have fun on oahu and make sure you get out of waikiki as much as you can!

PS. My avatar is a early morning shot over dillingham.

Go down to lagoon drive near HNL... several places renting spam cans there. Prices a bit higher than the mainland but not $300 joyrides....

Latest resources

Back