Airplane Options

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jumppilot03

I have been asked to find airplane options for a new company. Any and all info is appreciated. The mission is as follows:

Pax load 2-5 max
All weather capable
Know Ice
Ability to be based at a 3200 ft strip 1000msl
Twin engine
Furthest normal destination is 255nm

This company is new to ownership, so price is a factor.

Budget is set at about 600K but they would be glad to do it for half the price.

Thanks for the help.

I have been asked to find airplane options for a new company. Any and all info is appreciated. The mission is as follows:

Pax load 2-5 max
All weather capable
Know Ice
Ability to be based at a 3200 ft strip 1000msl
Twin engine
Furthest normal destination is 255nm

This company is new to ownership, so price is a factor.

Budget is set at about 600K but they would be glad to do it for half the price.

Thanks for the help.

Sounds like a good used King Air C90 could fit your bill. Can be had for 500,000 and below if you look around, in this market if you can make a cash offer I'm sure you could snap up a sweet one for a song!

Keep in mind (particularly in the current market) and airplane is a lot like a horse - the initial purchase is only the tip of the iceberg expenditure-wise, particularly in a turbine. I'm not at all in touch with the corporate aircraft market anymore, but historically the "deals" on used turbines usually come with high time engines with a lot of cycle limited parts close to the end of their lives. This can add substantially to the cost of an overhaul or hot section.

My intent isn't to discourage you - if the finances are there to support a turbine then that would absolutely be the way to go. Just be aware of all the costs going into it - I've seen too many people get burned because they don't understand exactly what they are buying.

You can get a nice rice rocket for 300 these days. Or how about a Baron? That might do it.

For that kind of money he could go cabin class. 3 or 400 series Cessna, navajo, or even save a PILE of money and get the nicest Twin Bonanza on earth. What a solid airplane.

Latest resources

Back