airplane for rent in morristown, Nj

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

snowman

I need some suggestions for flying in and around morristown, nj. I would like to rent a 172 or 182 and do some sightseeing in the area of Denville. I look for schools that rent planes, but I couldn't find any real info. Any suggestions. I am going to take the out-laws, er, in-laws and assorted cousins for a ride around the country side. I think it would be a fun day of sight-seeing... or would it??
thanks
snowman

There are atleast 4 flight schools at MMU that have equipment from a 172 to the usuall complex stuff and training twins. The flight training section of www.aopa.org will list the schools there and have links/info on them. In the north Jersey area a 172 will be on the $100/hr range plus instructor for the checkout.

Goo luck

I used to live about 15 mins away from MMU, in Madison.

Caldwell generally had better prices, but was ghetto. Their controllers tried to kill me on more than one occasion.

Blue Sky, or Skyy Blue, or whatever it is had nice equipment at morristown. There was another outfit, run by an ex-airline guy, that was crap. I think american flyers was at morristown as well. Not sure about just renting from them though.

~wheelsup

snowman said:
I need some suggestions for flying in and around morristown, nj. I would like to rent a 172 or 182 and do some sightseeing in the area of Denville. I look for schools that rent planes, but I couldn't find any real info. Any suggestions. I am going to take the out-laws, er, in-laws and assorted cousins for a ride around the country side. I think it would be a fun day of sight-seeing... or would it??
thanks
snowman

I got 2 good schools in the morristown area. First one is in Lincoln Park N07. Great school all new 172 sp's, and even a 172 glass cockpit (the first one outa the factory) good people there!

next is skyblue in Morristown MMU. Good place never rented there, but i know one of the starting people. they also have 172 sp's,

If you need any advice on if a school is good or bad give me a PM, i'll be more than happy to give you the inside information!

Latest resources

Back