Airpac Airlines & Methow out of BFI ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

professor

Any info on either of these operators would be appreciated, ie Chief Pilot, hours, pay, experiences, rumors. Thanks in advance..
Prof.:D

Professor, I just took my 135 ride for airpac yesterday. Great company, fun people and routes. I am hired on part time to fill in for the summer, hopefully full time later. I don't think they are planning any hiring until after summer, but that may change if there is some movement. I work at a local FBO and I was able to drop by once a month and get to know some people and make my face familiar. After a couple of months the chief pilot called me for an interview, the next day I had a job. Great place. I don't know much about Methow.

I think I heard you!

Aldassy were you doing approaces into TIW yesterday (07-02)? I thought I heard "Airpac Trainer" or something, I think it was a seneca. Anyways that was what brought about my questions. Thanks for the info, who should I be looking to talk to to drop off my resume and follow up with?:D
Prof.

Methow/IcePac

Had friends traverse Airpac years ago. Alright and up front about what you are getting into. Seneca II in Mod Ice @9 to 10' K crossing Cascades at night with lengthy (at-times) layovers in GEG, YAK, PSC and EAT.

Methow - small crowd operating primarily in the San Juans based from PAE flying mail in BE18's. Good guys and CP. Usually require deep and diverse background (radial exp helpful). No movement in near future Guys are older and not in an hurry to leave. Mail contract tied up on an extension through 2005 and the USPS is in no hurry to put out a new bid.

Good luck.
100-1/2

Yeah that was probably me or the other new hire. We both passed our checkrides that day. Flying the line that night. It's pretty cool. I've been doing flight instruction for the past 2 and a half years so actually getting to touch the controls again is taking some getting used to. The steep turns didn't go as well as I would like, but the check airman was cool about it so we kept going. I think its going to be good, everybody there is pretty cool. I've heard both good and bad about AirPac (see above), but most of the guys I've talked to that have moved on say Airpac was the most fun they had in their flying careers.

Last edited:
Edit your post...

"I was JUST INSIDE ATP/135 Tolerances in my steep turns, but the check airman gave me the benefit of the doubt having instructed for the last long-while as I nailed every other maneuver +/- 50', proving myself worthy of assimilation into the freight-dog world!"

Even Check Airman get bored to death and ponder our posts to hear how employers get trashed. He may happen upon your post and remeber you on the next 293/299 or 297 and not let you off so easy! Above all don't incriminate yourself (and the Check Airman) here where the perfect opportunity exists to inflate the fish and shrink the fly-rod!

100-1/2

Sorry, I should have made myself more clear. I didn't perform the steep turns to a tolerance which I find personally acceptable at this point in my career. I was still within tolerances, but as a flight instructor there were many aspects of it that I found I could use work on, smoother roll in proper power and trim applications etc. I didn't want to make it seem like he passed me on a sub-par flight. Sorry if I gave that impression.

Latest resources

Back