Airnet's Letter of Intent to Sell

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
idratherfly4283 said:
whoa putting the carriage way before the horse there big guy, first you have to get the hours (which is presumably 2 yrs away), then you have to get the interview, then the offer to attend training, then pass training to get the job, most likely get your instrument, commercial, and multiengine ratings. I would slow down a lot, you have no idea how much things can change in two years, including where you want to work.

Well he seems pretty positive and upbeat. I don't think it will be a problem.
It's not like aviation requires the intelligence and ability of a NASA physicist; calculating the physics evolved and re-entering the earth’s atmosphere.

I personally have never been challenged to the point of frustration.

With some hard work, 800 hours, and a few contacts you'll be in the door no problem (if they're still around).

Keeping with the NASA theme this isn't exactly getting getting though the gemini astronaut selection process.

Blue sky's and tails winds CForst

And uh oh Strchkr....OakSU is slaughtering those 'horns.

Last edited:
There is absolutely no comfirmation whatsoever that Goldstein is the one buying Airnet. People are simply throwing his name around because of fear and the desire to fuel the fires of a rumor intended to scare people. Until such time that an official memo or an SEC filing comes out that contains a name, I'm not believing a word of it. All we have is a letter announcing the intention to sell. Nothing more.

Now, there is still time until the sale becomes official. So for the time being Airnet is still a publicly traded company. That being said, how can the company go about removing Biggerstaff before he kills the place? I figure the process wouldn't be an easy one by any stretch, but I'm sure it's possible. It's clear and simple, Biggerstaff has to go. He's incompetent, greedy, spineless, and is quite possibly the worst executive type on the planet.

Sigh, where the hell is Jerry Mercer when we need him. Sittin on a beach, drinking a beer probably.

The lastest rumor I heard is that we might possibly be bought by a venture capitalist firm who wants to invest some serious dollars into the operation to make better an already good thing. This seems very plausible since I find it hard to believe anyone (including Goldstein) could buy Airnet and liquidate us for a profit.

Sure, we have assets worth money on paper. However, our planes are not worth squat unless there are buyers. Good luck finding those for old, cargo 35s, Barons and Navajos. The building is about the only asset we have worth selling.

Well said, well said. Sure, one may be able to find a buyer for an old Baron, but good luck finding buyers for 40 old barons that hit the market all at once. Can you say market flooding?

Personally, I like your theory about the venture capitolist investing in us to imprrove us. We've got boatloads of potential, that much is obvious to anyone who bothers to look. If only we could get rid of that idiot Bigglesworth.

starcheckdriver said:
The building is about the only asset we have worth selling.

And after all that, who wants a huge hangar and brand new facility at an airport that nobody really uses besides the military...AirTahoma?:laugh:

Personally I think the investors are going to buy us up, and take us private again. Then build the business back-up, turn more profits and make us better. And after all that try and sell us again in a 5-7 years and walk away with their 10mill in return.

At least thats what I would do. I think we will still be around for years to come. At least I hope.

Latest resources

Back