• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airnet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I also love the MX guys. I rarely get days off, but they are great and everything gets fixed. I have heard some horror stories from other people that do similar work and I am happy to be here.

Hey contactapp, when you say not hiring SIC's do you mean they may hire PIC's? And how does that work?
Thanks

j

Last edited:
I think that PIC hiring is continuing at a very slow pase. I have no idea when it will pick back up. If you are asking because you want to work for Airnet, I'm not sure this company would suit you. It doesn't matter how many hours and type ratings you have, you will still need to start in the Baron. You could be in the Baron for 2 years before you upgrade to the Learjet. This job is more suited to CFIs with a thousand hours starting their aviation career. Someone with a LR-JET rating and 6500 hours should be able to find a charter job in no time making MUCH more money than Airnet. Why make a backward career move? Have you tried NetJets, Flexjet or Flight Options?

Hello contact and thanks for the reply. I have a admit that it was strictly for mercenary reason. I do not want to give up my seniority number with ABX and Flex, net, and other would want me to do that. I may have to though in the near future. I also would like to stay in the Dallas area and airnet would have let me do that. I guess I have to hurry and wait.
Thanks,
j

There are only about 3 prop runs in Dallas and the only chance you could get one is if one of the pilots there got a job somewhere else or upgraded to the Lear. More than likely you will end up where no one else wants to go like, TEB BUF BDL DTW RIC MKE anywhere you don't want to live. If you are just referring to jumpseating back to DAL, they do have flights to DAL but I don't think they fly to DAL on FRI and SAT

I'm a CFI with 500 and will move ANYWHERE ! Any outlook on the SIC situation with Airnet?

scoot

Last week in Dulles, I spoke with a young lady in jeans and a denim AirNet shirt.

She told me that she thought they were not currently hiring.

Craig Washka did not return my telephone call today.

I wouldn't hold Airnet as a viable option right now or in the near future. We lost our weekend runs and thus have a stack of pilots hanging around with no work. I don't have exact numbers, but it ain't just 2 or 3.

On the SIC...
I just spoke with a guy that I worked with and he is starting class as an sic. Kind of...he has 1160 and another guy has 1140 and they start class October 23rd. So we are hiring slowly as stated. But SIC's I kind of. Good luck.

Latest resources

Back