• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airnet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yep, sic's are not going to be needed for awhile. I do know that we have limited the number of SIC's in our system to under ten, and i believe it is closer to 5. And that is only when we show a need for more PIC's in the future.

BHM

I don't know if anyone saw the last bid sheet that works for AirNet, but we were just awarded a new contract in BHM. There were 14 bids on the last bid sheet. I think nine new runs in BHM, and five other open bases. I think there is only two SIC's left in the system, both close to upgrading.

ACI's work that they couldn't hack. Keep in mind we lost more runs than that from the weekend routes. It's always good to see runs on the bid sheet, but in this case we're still in the hole.

From the "I know a guy who works at Airnet" file . .

My friend says that the early October class is a go, and they will be looking to fill another one shortly. According to him the new contract in Birmingham and a number of resignations (approx. 10-12) will actually leave Airnet SHORT of pilots by the end of October. This is already taking into account the loss of the weekend fed runs. Looks like there might be hope yet!!

Good Luck!
FlyWest

That would be good news, one can only hope. Unfortunately Airnet is pretty bad at internal communications so everything is a rumor. The couriers know more than the pilots.

All have GPS. Some have radar (most of the 310s in the south) and overall they are the best maintained in the bus IMO. One thing that Airnet doesn't mess around with is substandard equipment. Maintenance doesn't even have a budget. If it needs it, get it.

Yeah, i love our MX guys... I am sitting at home for the second time in two weeks because something is broke on my plane. The mechanics here in Jackson said both problems left the plane in a flyable state(<----- read as "deferrable per MEL"), but MX in CMH said fix it, then fly it. Ahhhh.... I love paid days off!!!!

Latest resources

Back