Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jrav8tor

Moonlighting!
Interested in knowing what the average day is like for an airnet pilot (days on/off, days/nights, etc.) Also, would like to know upgrade times to Cpt. and to jet?

Thanks in advance, any info appreciated!

Average day huh... well i show at 11am fly to HOU sit for 2 hours and then fly home. I am usually walking in my door at home by 6:30 pm. I fly M-F and have every weekend and holiday off. That is "my" schedule. All the others differ greatly. To give a typical day is almost impossible with all of the different runs requiring something different.

Upgrade times...hmmmm...

If you are looking at starting as an SIC, then it depends on how many hours you come in with, and then how fast you can get the rest. As soon as you have your 135 requirements, you magically become Capt., kinda cool huh, but then you must choose a place to go.

Jet upgrade is gonna take awhile right now because the majors are not hiring right now which means our jet guys are not leaving for them. Once it starts again the upgrade time to jet will decrease. For now, there is no set time that you will be in the props until upgrade.

My schedule has me show at 9pm, home by 9am with 4.5 hrs of flight time. M-F, may soon be M-T. Had a couple of guys I know move to Lear SIC after being a prop capt. for 14 months.

starchkr said:
Average day huh... well i show at 11am fly to HOU sit for 2 hours and then fly home. I am usually walking in my door at home by 6:30 pm. I fly M-F and have every weekend and holiday off. That is "my" schedule.
Upgrade times...hmmmm...

You like to show off your schedule don't you. Well I have to work weekends but I'm only working 9 days this month. What do you think about that. BTW how's the family, anymore additions?

Starchkr and Hyper,

Thanks for the info. I am just curious for the type of life it would be. I am very interested in the company for the future.

Jrav8tor

Hey Dave,

Yeah, i love my schedule. I know i could have more days off per month, but i am always home, and i never miss a weekend or holiday with my family. ;)

The family is good, and no more additions thank goodness. One is enough for now, and it looks like she will be an only child. I think she will like it this way better, more money to spend on her. How about yourself?

By the way, how is the RV coming? Any plans on when you will get strated on one? I have talked my wife into letting me build something, but i don't know what yet. We will see if she still agree's as the time to spend the money gets closer.

Talk to you later, enjoy your weekends on the road

:D :p

Schedule

Hey, I'm new to posting on this board but been reading for a while. Here's my typical schedule with Airnet. I check in at midnight and then am done flying between 9:30 and 10 am Tuesday-Friday. I also have a 5th night for some extra money. That is on Monday, and I check in at 2am and finishat 9am. I get about 5.5 hours of flight time during my normal shift, and on my fifth night I get about 4 hours of flight time. It's not a bad schedule, and I always have Fri-Sun off, and the money is pretty good.

Latest resources

Back