• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airnet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for the help guys. I will be moving to the DFW area soon and will hit the bricks when I touch down. Pistons would be just fine if I can stay close to DFW.
thanks again,
j

Hyper,

I agree the charter side isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I just interviewed for the pool this week, and it actually sounds pretty nice. The only drawback is the pager... but every drawback has a positive side. I found out that one of the charter crews is spending 9 days in St. Thomas (or St. Croix) this month... all expenses paid while their customer is on vacation there. Not bad when you consider they will make per diem and "away" pay (almost like floater, but much more) plus be on the beach for 9 days enjoying their drinks. Now not all of the trips are that posh, but they do send many jets to the bahamas and the caymans pretty often. I know there are some cruddy places that they go too, but i believe i could work with only flying 40 hrs a month and living on a pager for some better treatment... plus the customers won't put your dosomiter over the limit.

For everyone else... Craig did say we are in need of refilling the pool here soon, so calls should start going out.

PilotoHalcon,

Sorry I didn't answer your post sooner, been on vacation but it sounds like you got the answers you were looking for.

Starchkr,

No doubt you'll see some nice places, I just don't do well sitting around away from home no matter where I am. If I'm away from home working, I'd like to be doing it flying. Good luck to you on that move!

Anybody have some info on Domiciles for the charter side of airnet. Do they let you commute or do you have to live near DFW?

Charter bases that i know of right now are DAL, CMH, Somewhere in PA and one more in the North East. I think there are a total of 7 a/c right now specifically for charter including 3 LR-60's. Right now there is a 2 hour call out policy, with only 4 guaranteed days off per month. The days off will get better as we get more crews to fly the charters, but it is still a young department. Living on the pager means you MUST be within that 2 hour window of the airport whether commuting or not, so i would say no to commuting.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back