• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airnet upgrade time to jet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How long is is taking right now to upgrade from a Baron to the Learjet SIC at Airnet?

Thanks,

Check Six
I'm not at Airnet so I can't speak directly to it. But I have met some folks that have left because they were being pushed back FROM the Lear, so I'm guessing it's gonna be a while.

Put it this way..... Chances are slim that even a downgraded Jet SIC who is back in the props will ever even make it back to the Lear at AirNet before the Lears are all gone. Add to that the fact that we don't even have a pilot-hiring/recruitment staff anymore, and I'd put the upgrade time from new-hire prop PIC to Learjet SIC somewhere around......uh...... NEVER. Sorry to sound harsh man, but gone are the days of AirNet being a great short-cut from CFI to 1,000 hours jet PIC. It's very sad actually.

It's definitely not the airnet we all knew. I'm hearing some really nauseating things from the rumor mill which I truly hope are not true, but won't share here because I don't have confirmation. But dare I say it, things were better under Bigglesworth than they appear to be today.

I know the guy that was 1 CMH prop and he got pushed all the way to reserve and finally just quit rather than move. Sounds like with the UPS deal falling through and Air 21 (the loss of the check running) that Airnet is just about done for....

Pretty much what the other guys said. I'm one of the guys who was bumped back to props from Jet SIC last year, and my chances of returning to the right seat are not good from what I see.

Tough deal for airnet guys. Airnet was always known as an excellent place to get trained on a Lear because of the frequency of the schedule. It was always known that Airnet had high pass rates for captain upgrade at Flight Safety probably because of how much stick time the FO's received.

Tough deal for airnet guys. Airnet was always known as an excellent place to get trained on a Lear because of the frequency of the schedule. It was always known that Airnet had high pass rates for captain upgrade at Flight Safety probably because of how much stick time the FO's received.

you mean that flight safety actually fails people?

Latest resources

Back