Airnet to majors?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

airludy

Is it possible to go from Airnet to the majors?? Or a nice corporate job?? How long does it take to become Lear PIC?

There have been Airnet pilots that went to the majors. Recently, very few have done so. One left a month ago to AirTran and several have interviewed with Southwest. I would venture to say that most Airnet Lear PICs desire a nice corporate job. I would say most leaving the company from the Lear PIC position are taking corporate jobs. You can also leave Airnet Express to work with JetRide as a private charter pilot and JetRide is owned by Airnet Systems.

Airnet guys/gals leave for corporate jobs all the time. As far as Airnet to majors is a different story, part 135 in a little jet carrying boxes makes you the exception and not the rule as far as hiring at major airlines go. If you're looking at a Southwest, Jetblue, frontier or airtran down the road don't shortchange yourself get some 121 experience and go from there.

In the last 3 years we have had Lear PIC's leave for as follows... (correct me if i've missed any)

1 to America West.
1 American Trans Air.
1 Southwest.
1 AirTran.

However we have had countless PICs leave for corporate companies such as Fracs, or just part 91 companies.

going, gone

Just had a guy at my base leave and go to CAL two weeks ago.

He was Jetride

If you count on your resume to get you a job with a major...... you might be in for a long wait. That applies to most applicants regardless of your qualifications and background.

I don't think it matters where you get your 1000 hrs of Jet PIC,
its all up to who your know! This is true with most companies/airlines in aviation. Even at AirNet you will get an interview quicker if you know somebody.

Network, Network, Network

Onlyflyfreight said:
If you count on your resume to get you a job with a major...... you might be in for a long wait. That applies to most applicants regardless of your qualifications and background.

I don't think it matters where you get your 1000 hrs of Jet PIC,
its all up to who your know! This is true with most companies/airlines in aviation. Even at AirNet you will get an interview quicker if you know somebody.

Network, Network, Network

this is true

Yeah, I've got my own opinions about the oen that went to Southwest, but I'm going to keep them to myself since the opinoins are quite inflammatory.

What's wrong with the person who went to SW? Very nice person.

AWA
SWA
AT
CAL
and maybe a JB

All majors who have taken our pilots...with even more SWA pilots before 9/11...we have quite a few over there.

As far as corp jobs...yes, we have quite a few leave for corp spots, but i don't think most lear capt's have that as their number one thing to do after airnet...maybe for the JR guys. We have also had quite a few lear capt's leaving for jobs outside of aviation...these would be the smart ones in todays market and environment...who knows how long you will be employed anywhere, and the treatment of employees has significantly decreased everywhere.

I agree, it is all who you know, not what is on your resume.

Like I said, keepin it to myself.

Latest resources

Back