Airnet SIC Program KBDL?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

GONEFLYIN21

Anyone with any connections with Airnet have any clue wether they are doing the SIC program out of KBDL? I live in New England right now and can move to KBDL in the next few months. Still short on hours so the SIC program would be the only thing for me right now. Just trying to get a feel for what I am to expect. I know they (Airnet) won't pay for me to move but thats not a big issue. Thanks for any info. -J

Unless you are really short on multi time, dont sweat it, go to a regional.

It can look a little odd having SIC time logged in an airplane that requires no SIC

Yeah I'm not one for doing RJ flying (not that I'm putting it down) I flew around 6 people in a PC12 for 2.5 years and didn't really like it that much. I kind of like the night flying thing (Im sure ill get crap for that) I also don't really want to get stuck in the regionals for years waiting for an upgrade. I'm thinking I'de like to do cargo for a few years and just move on to a bigger/better cargo company. Perhaps too optimisitc but who knows. Thanks for the suggestion though

Holy Cow, You mean not everybody wants to fly Jets for 19k a year?

Wow.

Airnet SIC's don't log SIC time unless they're required by the regulations to be there:
1. T/O from below CAT 1 minimums (never happens in on a 135 flight in an Airnet Baron).
2. Carrying PAX 135 IFR (see above).
3. Going over 8 hours flight time (could possibly happen but never heard of it so far).

I would imagine that BDL would be very easy to SIC out of. There are a few runs up there. Good luck with everything.

I SIC'd about two years ago and it was a great program. The main factor will be the aircraft based in BDL. As an SIC you will be restricted to the Baron, but I'm almost certain there is at least one Baron run based up there. I was allowed to choose the base I SICd out of as long as it had enough Baron time and there was not an SIC already there.

I also flew with several SICs after I upgraded. I can think of at least a couple of instances when, based in AGC, I would not have been able to continue without an SIC because of the 8 hour limitation.

If cargo is where you want to be then Airnet is a great place to start. They are hurting for pilots right now and you would likely be able to stay in the Northeast right up through the Lear...

You can SIC in BDL. Either of the two runs there can be a Baron on any given night. Right now you could pretty much be guarunteed having BDL as a PIC when you upgrade too. PM me with any other Qs.

Latest resources

Back