• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirNet Rplacing Twins with Caravans?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know right now we are replacing the aerostars which have been parked for a couple of months with the caravans. They aren't really replacing those runs with caravans, because come on, do you really think a crappyvan can keep the tight schedules that the aerostar has? What is happening is, they have parked the aerostars as of a couple of months ago, and we are buying caravans for different runs across the nation. This is how they say they are "replacing" the aerostars with the caravans. Really those aerostar runs are being done by other twins, while the vans fly "mostly"(this means not all!) weekend fed runs. I personally don't see how they can replace the twins with caravans, they would need another type of single turboprop to be able to keep up with the deadlines. I still don't know why they didn't spring for PC-12's, they can nearly hold as much weight, but can beat the pants off any of our deadlines. Supposedly that is the name of our game,"speed," yet we go out and buy the slowest freight hauler you can find... not enough research on our behalf i believe. Oh well, i just fly 'em, i dont buy 'em.

Also as far as getting away from the checks in the future and adding more freight business... well if anyone knows some good salemen then please send them our way. Our guys are pretty horrible at it. We keep hearing talks about wanting to expand our express services, yet i have never run into a single person who knows what the heck Airnet is or what they do...even in Columbus. I think we are going under the assumption that if people wanted something shipped they will go into the phone book and just go down the line calling around...and hey what do ya know, we are the first in line. People don't use ya, unless they know you exist, and we don't exist in many minds. So... SEND US SALESMEN WHO WANT TO WORK AND HELP US GROW NOT JUST SIT AROUND AND PICK THEIR NOSES!!!!!!!

Hey i could work in HR making up the ads to go in the employment section of the newspapers...

hey starchkr, i asked j.b., that same question when he came to our new hire class. he said he want's the sales team to hit specific companies that we can profit from. i guess j.m., tried big ads. a while back and it didn't work too well.

i just talked to my buddy ben. i think you flew with him a couple weeks ago.

Yeah Ben and i flew last week. I gave him a ride up to Jackson to pick up the spare plane that was in MX here. He's a pretty funny guy. He brought a plane up to me the week before and was talking about how nervous he was flying through the soup on his own and it reminded me of when i first started out. I kinda had to keep my little jokes to myself about him being scared of the soup though... I would've just busted his chops for awhile then told him its natural. But anyway, yeah we barely made it out of HOU before they shut it down due to severe windshear and lvl 5-6 t storms... we were lucky, we heard they had a stop for over an hour and a half because of it. I still think we were the last crazy people to try to leave with those windshear reports, but hey, it was my last leg of the day and i was ready to get home... you know how it goes. He's a good guy though, he will do just fine here.

Yes, there have been some changes in the structuring of the freight hauling but what everybody should watch out for is the rapidly expanding passenger charter division. This will be an important part of Airnet's future. With 3 Lear 60's and 3 Lear 35's already, it is exploding.

Latest resources

Back