Airnet Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Geigo

I've got a phone interview with Bob on Monday and would appreciate any input I can get.

What kind of things does he like to ask in this part, more background, goals, or more of the technical stuff?

Are the routes mostly out and back or is there a layover somewhere? Also is the fifth workday based on location or can you get it anywhere?

I was told they were hiring 15 pilots, any thoughts on if all the slots will be Caravans or a mix?

How is seniority established in class?

I'm excited about the possibility - a stable, full time job with benefits!

Thanks in advance for your insight!

Geigo

AirNet

I flew for AirNet for 2 years and loved it. I can't tell you what Bob will ask you, they did it differently back then.

To answer your other questions. Seniorty is based on age when you enter IPT. the youngest person in class gets the bottom of the list and the class is added to the company list at the end of IPT (pretty standard)

When I was there I can only think of 3 runs that had "lay overs" 2 Lear runs that crossed between Burbank and CLT everynight of a 310 run out of CA somewhere that had a 12 layover in the middle of the run.

I would think that all the slots available would be in props, I would think that only pilots higher up on the seniorty list would get the Caravan. I might be wrong, but it is turbine PIC time!!

5 days are out of the city you fly out of. ie a TEB based pilot wouldn't cover a Buffalo, NY 5th night. sorry.

In the first year I was there I flew 945 hours. I passed up Lear slots until I got the city I wanted 13mo 1 day. I started to pass up PIC slots after 7 mo and left on the bid sheet that would had gotten me the city I wanted.

AirNet is a great company. Everyone in the flight dept has been there done that as far as AirNet is concerened and wouldn't ask you to do anything stupid.

PM me if you have more questions.

Try doing a search on this board for Airnet. I remember a month or two ago someone posted the same question and received a few responses.

Good luck on the interview!

Thanks for the info. The lifestyle with the normal routes was part of what I wanted the most. From the searches people said it was good, but didn't have much of anything specific.

Geigo

Latest resources

Back