AirNet Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyboy32482

What is the typical pay for AirNet pilots? Is ORD considered a junior base? Does one think that with 1500 TT and 500 C-208 PIC they would be able to get hired on and hold a line in or around ORD? Is it true that pilots typically are home every night and don't work weekends? Also, how is the QOL with AirNet?

Thank you in advance.

Also, is it possible to be hired directly into the C-208 or are all captains hired into the prop multi's or can one get hired directly into a jet multi?

I've been outta Airnet for a few years now....

You will get hired into the props first. You will get to bid available open bases during training. They will also train you which a/c is used at that base.

Years ago...Every pilot was trained on the BE58 and aerostar. Nowadays, it could be the BE58 and 208.

Pay should average around 30K first year. Also, you will not be able to jump right into the jet. Upgrade times should be around a year.

I am pretty sure that there is only 1 prop based out of MKE, either a Baron of a Navajo. Currently if you want a specific base, you can get hired directly into it. If the specific run isn't open, you fly reserve 8 on 6 off schedule, you would be on the road. When the run opens up you get it. The base pay is 28,500 and the average is more around 37,000. Just about every one of our runs has you at home every night (or day if you're on a night schedule). pm me for more info.

Base is 28.5K?! Dang, a raise like that would NEVER have been seen under the Bigglesworth regime, used to be 23K if you were lucky.

Base is 28.5K?! Dang, a raise like that would NEVER have been seen under the Bigglesworth regime, used to be 23K if you were lucky.

Yeah, we were hurting for pilots so much that they had no choice! They also offer sing on bonuses, let you pick your base upon hire and so on.

Bankair just got notice that the check hauling will be gone within a year...

It has been slowly going away for the past few years. We are flying less and less checks all the time, but flying more and more "express" work. My run has no bank work whatsoever.

We currently have more non bank work opportunity than we are able to fly. Right now, our biggest issue is the lack of pilots.

We have 6 DHL runs now we didn't have 6 months ago if that gives you an idea of where we're headed.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back