Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mpietrowski

Hawaiifly
Have an interview with airnet on January 3 and have a few questions for anyone who can answer them.
What props are based in Phl?
How long before you can hold a line or even reserve in PHL? I know it is a fluid industry and things change but can anyone make an educated guess?
Do they have reserve in PHL?
What is the actual upgrade time for the pilots being hired now, since they told me 10 months? Is this based on seniority, performance, or total time (or drawn from a hat)?
How long to upgrade from right to left seat LR35?
Heard somewhere they were selling the company, any truth to this?

When are most people leaving? 3-4 years?
And are any going to places like Citation Shares or Net Jets?

Thanks ahead of time for any answers some people have.

congrats on the interview. as for the questions:

-there are 2 prop runs out of philly. both baron so if you are going to do the sic program you've got a great chance of being a prop sic out of there. (prop sic's are baron only)

-as far as holding the line in phl, it's a crap shoot. our seniority is based on hire date (the day you do your initial checkride). on that day you'll be assigned a number. when a run opens up (someone leaves that run), they put it out for bids for one week. when the bid closes, the person with the lowest seniority number (highest seniority) gets it. so there is no way to guess. it all depends on if someone in phl leaves the run, and then wether or not someone higher than you will want it.

-there are no reserve spots in phl. however, except for bhm which is a 5/2 schedule, all reserve pilots are on a 8/6 schedule (8 days on, 6 days off). so if you want to commute, the 8/6 will make it easier.

-the latest upgrade to the jet went to a guy who was hired in august, 2005 (15 months).

-latest upgrade to the left seat went to someone who was in the right seat for 10 months but that is a bit uncommon. usually it's just over a year.

-they have been trying to sell the company for awhile now, which is a good thing. anyone who want to buy us is probably going to want to expand us (probably). the problem was with our former charter side, jetride. jetride didn't appeal to some perspective buyers and they bailed. however, jetride was sold a few months ago and is no longer a part of airnet. so, who knows.

-people leaving is another one of those things you just can't gauge. we have people who try to leave after 3 months (bad), and we have lifers. it varies a lot.

-a TON of our pilots go to netjets. the joke around here is that nja is "airnet north". they like us over there because they know how well we train. as far as citation shares, i haven't heard of any of our pilots going there recently. we do have one seior guy who is in the interview stage with them but that about it.

good luck, and don't be a dork like i was: ditch the tie!

Have an interview with airnet on January 3 and have a few questions for anyone who can answer them.
What props are based in Phl?
How long before you can hold a line or even reserve in PHL? I know it is a fluid industry and things change but can anyone make an educated guess?
Do they have reserve in PHL?
What is the actual upgrade time for the pilots being hired now, since they told me 10 months? Is this based on seniority, performance, or total time (or drawn from a hat)?
How long to upgrade from right to left seat LR35?
Heard somewhere they were selling the company, any truth to this?

When are most people leaving? 3-4 years?
And are any going to places like Citation Shares or Net Jets?

Thanks ahead of time for any answers some people have.

Looks like micro nailed most of it. I can add a bit though since I SIC'd out of PHL. The runs there are both fairly high time and if you need to build a bit they will pay you to do it. Good way to get your feet wet before going out on your own too. Last time a PHL spot came open it went to a new hire. I know both guys there though and they probably wont be moving till they can get a jet spot.

About the upgrades, you can do it fairly fast if you will accept anything. If you are picky it will take a bit longer, perhaps MUCH longer depending on where you want. A friend of mine isnt even at his 2 year point and hes about to take his lear captain checkride. He bid everything he could though and didnt care about where he went.

Someone can correct me if im wrong but I think one of our guys just left for UPS also ( 160 PIC). a few have interviewed and gone to southwest too.

Its a good place to be. Good luck with your interview and feel free to PM me if you have any interview specific questions.

Hey, you wouldnt happen to work for pinnacle would you?

bidding

Not sure how the bidding works, you said a friend bid for everything and didn't care what it was. Lets say I bid and was awarded a lear fo slot somewhere and later a lear fo slot opened in pittsburgh, can I transfer over or is there a seat/base lock?

Im not sure how it works in the jets but in the props you get 1 lateral. By that I mean say I get columbus out of training ( because you more or less get whatevers available out of training) but I want to go to PHL. When PHL comes open I bid on it and provided I win it, thats my one lateral. You then are base locked for 1 year. HOWEVER, you can move around within your base as much as you please. So say the run you bid sucks but you just bid it to get to PHL. two months later the good run opens up so you can just lateral over to it with no penalty.

How many C208's do they have now? Also how hard is it to get in one? Also what's the average hours per year?

Thanks

without looking at the board, i think we have 13 c208's (don't quote me). it's not hard at all to get in one. however, when the faa comes out with the new a.d. for the 208's in january-february, you can expect that airnets caravans, as well as most other cargo caravans, will be sold to places like africa. the new a.d. is going to effectively ground 208's in ice. so if you do want to have a little fun in them (and they are fun despite what a lot of people say), now is the time.
as far as average time per year: unless you're reserve, they will get their money's worth out of you. you can figure 1000 hrs in a year easy. now if you're a floater, you might be looking at 400-600 hrs per year.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back