Airnet Competitive Requirements

rumpletumbler

Total Time
I'm curious as to why you need a "valid restricted radiotelephone operator permit, Passport and a First class medical" to apply with Airnet?

laserman2431

Total Time
Are they hiring?

jravi8tor

Total Time
enough
1st class could be either for insurance puropses or the employer wants to make sure a crew member is able to hold that class of certificate for upgrade.

As far as the passport and RRTOP. Mostly likely for ops outside the USA if they do that kind of thing and or a lot of operators require one to have both.

thunderworm

the Hoff
Total Time
might as well get the rrtop. they are good for life and the fee will only continue to go up. it is not needed for us and canada but hopefully you will use it later in your career.

Starcheck

Hammer time
Total Time
10000+
JRAVI8TOR is right on the money. We want to make sure you can hold a first class medical, and the rrtop is for when/if you need to operate outside the us or canada.

Shawn

LowlyPropCapt

PBR For Life, and Beyond!
Total Time
8000+
OK what is RRTOP?
Restricted Radio Telephone Operators Permit.

You can get it from the FCC website by providing your airman certificate number and few other goodies.

152hvy

Total Time
what?
It was $50 when I got it about 6 yrs ago...

hunt234

employed
Total Time
AirNet isn't hiring right now, and I don't think they will be for a while. There are 34 on furlough and runs seem to keep getting cut.

dojetdriver

Total Time
JRAVI8TOR is right on the money. We want to make sure you can hold a first class medical, and the rrtop is for when/if you need to operate outside the us or canada.

Shawn
Also, they are a CASS member. Not really sure how they could input a pilots info into CASS WITHOUT a valid passport.