• Start date
  • Watchers 11

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There is a baron in Memphis. Once again getting a base is pure luck coming out of training. Memphis has three prop runs so there is a little more of chance but still all luck. If you wanna commute memphis has a jet that runs on Sundays which would make it kinda nice to get there.

Two of the MEM prop runs are Baron/Caravan and the third is Caravan only. I did my SIC time on 482 then flew the old 483 as PIC in the Baron then rotated 482 with another pilot when 483 got cancelled. I started the new 483 in April and could pretty much choose which airplane I took. When I left MEM in July that was also the case for 482 except for Friday nights.

As far as doing SIC time there it's really a matter of talking the 482 pilot into taking the Baron. 483 would be too heavy with an SIC for all practical purposes.

As far as SIC basing in general I pretty much had my choice. I did roughly 4 hours per night 4 nights a week on 482. You probably won't find too many Baron runs with less flight time than that.

For rapid time building (based on the most recent information that I can remember) go for SIC on 184 out of Philly. You'll rack up about 7 hours per night provided you don't get bumped in favor of a jumpseating reserve pilot that needs repositioned.

It'll definitely put some hair on your arse.

For rapid time building (based on the most recent information that I can remember) go for SIC on 184 out of Philly. You'll rack up about 7 hours per night provided you don't get bumped in favor of a jumpseating reserve pilot that needs repositioned.

It'll definitely put some hair on your arse.

Not anymore, I SIC'd on that run about 5 months ago when it was still PHL BWI PHL AGC RIC IAD PHL BWI PHL and your right it was about 7 a night, even more if it was IFR. They cut that run though so now its just PHL BWI PHL BWI TEB PHL BWI PHL. I remember i had something like 100 hours on one page in my logbook on that run though:eek: To bad they had to change it:(

How is the "gang" at PHL doing? Dave been arrested for harrasment yet? Malik been deported? Jay die of a massive coronary?

I gotta say that when I was in PHL, I don't think I ever laughed that hard every night at work. . . ever.

Dave is still there, but Jay and Malik are both gone now, not sure why. Dave still has that picture on his computer though of Jay laying in the recliner... as Dave said " When the going gets tough, Jay gets horizontal"

I miss PHL also, great group of guys there and always a good laugh. I'll never forget the time Pat went into the bathroom and Dave stacked all 4 recliners in front of the door so he couldnt get out :laugh:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back