airnet bases

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Detroitpilot22

If anyone works for airnet out there, could you tell me how they determine which of the 23 bases they have you get? How easy or hard would it be to get the chicago base at mdw? i am hearing a lot of good things about the company, so any feedback anyone has would be great!

I have a friend (actually my instructor for bfr's and such) who just got hired there. He says bases are assigned as needed based on seniority. I assume that means new hires bid for what the company needs filled based on their number. He said new hires seniority is based on their total time when hired.

This is not first hand info so may be wrong but we just had the conversation yesterday and he was just offered the job two days earlier so he's probably right.

Any idea how popular Omaha is to get a SIC Piston position?

im not sure, but it seems cool, because you have every weekend off, and you have the potential to be home every day. Its just getting the right base.

Let me answer some of your questions. First of all, MDW (Chicago Midway) does not have any props based there. We have one jet (264) and it took the co-pilot a while to get that spot. The upgrade time to the jet right now is lingering around 1 year. In Omaha, we only have one pilot based there (383) and it is a Caravan run. Therefore, there will be no opportunity to get an SIC position out of there, because it costs AirNet a ballpark figure of $8000 to train a Caravan pilot. When you do the SIC program, from what i have seen, they are only qualifying you in a baron until you reach your 135 PIC mins and get awarded a base. Then they will train you in the other aircraft necessary to do your run. Some bases that have been open just about every week are TEB and BHM. We have numerous daytime 5 day a week runs out of BHM that have the potential to make some good money. TEB, well, must I say more. Everyother city is all based on what comes open when you finish your training. The online website, at least last time I checked it, was a little outdated as to where we have props based. Below, are a list of our prop bases I know off memory and what equipment (all runs combined) the pilots are qualified on.

OMA (C208 only base)
STP (C208, PA31, BE58)
IND (BE58, PA31)
SDF (PA31)
BNA (BE58)
MEM (C208, BE58, PA31?)
NEW (C208)
BUF (BE58, PA31)
TEB (BE58, C208)
LCK (Columbus Rickenbacker Airport: we moved our headquarters) (All props)
DTW (BE58, PA31, C208)
MKE (C208, PA31)
CPS (St. Louis Parks airport in St. Louis Illinois) (BE58, C208, PA31)
BHM (BE58, C310)
RIC (BE58, PA31, C208)
OPF (Opa Locka, FL: Miami area) (BE58)
ORL (Orlando Executive airport) (PA31)
AGC (Pittsburgh, PA area) (PA31)
BDL (BE58, PA31)
PHL (BE58)
LUK (Cincinnati Area) (BE58, PA31)
AVP (Wilkes Barre, PA) (C208)

Hope that helps. PM me with more questions. I was based in CMH my first 1.5 years, so I have a pretty good idea of what is going on. Also, feel free to submit questions on the nonmember portion of our noncompany sponsered site at www.Starcheck55.com. Most if not all our pilots view that site and can answer more of your questions.

STP doesn't operate a PA31 there either. I guess what I was trying to convey is the equipment you could be trained on if you are based in that base. For example, a LCK reserve could, and I think there is one or two, be qualified in a C310, yet none operate out of there. Anyways, now that I am outbased, my knowledge is slowly dwindling down. I miss being based in LCK in a sense, but I'm also glad to be back home in Denver.

Fly Safely Everyone!!

USC328

THANKS MAN!! Oh, Rubicon, I'm trying to figure out who you are. Do the number's 184 ring a bell? Not sure if that is you. See ya!!

Purv

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back