• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

airnet bases

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I recently met a guy who will be interviewing with AirNet soon. I guess with his experience he would start in either the Baron or the Caravan. How soon could he expect to move up to the Lear FO position? What's the average time to move up to the Lear? Are there certain bases for the Lear?

Thanks

For the past year and a half upgrades from Prop PIC to LR-Jet SIC have been running at a consistant 12 months. We have had LR SIC's quitting to go to regionals recently. LR bases are; BUR, PDX, RNO, APA, DSM, DAL, SAT, HOU, STP, MDW, CPS, LCK, MEM, ATL, TPA, FXE, BWI, PHL, TEB, BDL and BOS. After a year of being a LR SIC when you go to recurrent training you have the option to go for your ATP/Type (most opt for it). Upgrades all depend on where you want to go. If you bid just about anywhere and its a less desirable place, it could take you a year to go from LR SIC to LR PIC. However if you want a place like FXE, STP, MEM you'll be waiting for 15 years.

Thanks a lot for the information on Omaha, I apreceiate it.

psysicx said:
How senior is Seattle and Reno?

I'll second Sgt. Hartman. First of all, however, the jet is no longer based in Seattle (BFI). They moved it to Portland (PDX). Ameriflight does the BFI-PDX leg at night and the PDX-BFI leg in the morning due to duty time issues that crew was having. They would get very close to a 14hr duty day.

When it comes to seniority, PDX captain has been here forever and I don't forsee him going anywhere. Reno is a three pilot rotation, 2 captains and a co-pilot. They work their own schedules between the three of them, and the captains have been here forever and I don't forsee any of them leaving either.

Hope that helps.

USC328

How senior is SDF? Thanks
Ask the UPS guys.... Kidding... we only have a Pa-31 there, thats it, opens up probably every 8 months to a year.

No offense man, but I think you should be more concerned with picking a company based on type of flying, reputation, etc. rather than where you might get based. RNO and PDX have opened in the 14 months that I have been here. Prior to that, I have no idea and who knows what the future holds for specific bases. Anyone could retire or move on at anytime and opne a base. Or maybe all these bases you ask about will be closed tomorrow. If you are in need of a specific base, I would high recommend the regionals.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back