Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

starchkr

New Bus driver
Hey everyone interested in Telesis(sys)...

They should be hiring a few guys in the near future. They will be flying our stuff around TX and OK starting Monday next week.

One question for the Telesis guys... we heard you will be flying GTA Bonanzas to fly some of our stuff around. How is that? Does GTA let you guys use their a/c now? Sounds kinda funny to me, at first i thought my info was wrong, but they said Telesis pilots will be flying GTA airplanes.

Just do me a favor...NEVER BE LATE TO SHV....EVER...be there by 9:30pm no exceptions.;) We will have to give you a piece of our minds if you delay us.:p

Telesis Express owns two freight carriers: Telesis TransAir and GTA.

Both companies occaisionally fly each others' routes when the other is short handed on planes or pilots. If they said Telesis pilots were flying GTA planes, they probably meant Telesis Express pilots, ie GTA pilots. None of us have been trained on their Bonanzas or Barons.

Take this with a grain of salt as this is just my guess.

chuychanga said:
Telesis Express owns two freight carriers: Telesis TransAir and GTA.

negative...Telesis does not own GTA in any way shape or form.

now, from a business standpoint, GTA could not survive if it were not for the relationship the two have, but the owners are two seperate entities.

and if TTA is short on pilots, how would they be able to man GTA's planes? TTA is losing a bunch of pilots to the regionals, therefore, GTA will be covering alot of TTA's routes, but GTA will be using their own planes and pilots. perhaps starcheckers source just got it mixed up in translation ;)

and...late to SHV??? those guys land in SHV at NOON and sit there all freakin day, i think its more them waiting on you than vice versa :p

starchkr said:
They should be hiring a few guys in the near future. They will be flying our stuff around TX and OK starting Monday next week.

wait a sec...GTA has been flying some Airnet runs for literally years so whats new???

or do you mean exclusively, as in no more Airnet planes in either state???

My bad, you are right. GTA is not owned by Telesis Express.

I guess my main point is that Telesis Express and Telesis TransAir (TTA) are two seperate companies (TTA owned by Express). Also that GTA flies a lot of routes for Express, as does TransAir. My point was that Telesis Express may have gotten a contract to fly Airnet routes and gave that flying to GTA. Telesis TransAir is indeed very short on pilots (tomorrow is my last day, hooray!) and, as you said, we are not in a position to fly more routes right this second.

That said, we have at least 4 newhires in training right now that I'm aware of and probably more on the way.

Also, Telesis TransAir has also been flying Airnet work every night to PWA and MKC for quite some time. Maybe this was just old news.

Telesis will be taking over routes we currently fly...at least until tonight that is because it is cheaper for us to charter them than to fly our own planes. This means no more Airnet props in TX or OK at all...so add this flying to the current load that they do.

As far as late to SHV goes...yeah don't be late... we have work that needs to come over that does not arrive at the DAL office until late in the evening, i think it is like 8-8:30 pm. My assumption is they will have to fly another plane out there if there is one that gets there at noon...unless they have the same pilot go back to DAL again for the late stuff.

No old news here, the floater leaves TUL tomorow never to return, and the DAL pilot is leaving for Eagle tomorrow as well. They are taking this opportunity to take the 58's to BHM so they can phase out the 310's.

starchkr said:
the DAL pilot is leaving for Eagle tomorrow as well.

...that wasnt Brian by any chance, was it??? or is he long gone by now?

yep, Brian. Last night was his last...he is going to take a few weeks off before going to class.

Latest resources

Back