Airnet Accident from 2 years ago

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

leardvr

Just before I left Airnet in Oct of 2000 there was a BE58 that crashed in TN. Unfortunitly the pilot lost his life. I never did hear what the final finding was. I flew Joe B. out of CLT 2 days after but, understandably, he couldn't share any info with me.

I don't mean to bring up old memories, and anyone that reads this that doesn't or hasn't worked for Airnet it is a great company and I would go back there in a heart beat if I didn't love what I was doing now.

I've lost contact with most of the pilots I knew over there and I thought this would be the quickest way to find an answer.

Thank you in advance

NH

In Poor Taste...

You have plenty of options to obtain the final findings from the NTSB. Contact them directly for a hard copy or look on their website - www.ntsb.gov. This way, was in poor taste!

I think his inquiry would have to have been more pointed or graphic to be in poor taste, IMHO.

We can't make all the mistakes others have made, so we had better learn from them whenever we can. I'm sure you agree.

In poor taste?

You have plenty of options to obtain the final findings from the NTSB. Contact them directly for a hard copy or look on their website

He may have those options, but I who am interested and was not thinking about it, would sure like to hear more about it.

Thankyou for posting it "Leardvr" I am sure that Ramrise has never picked up a copy of an accident report, or looked at a accident recap in the back of a magazine. That would be in poor taste if someone were to see him reading that sort of stuff.

By the way Ramrise, is it in poor taste when these magazines report on this issue?

I live in Memphis and remember when that happend. There was some questions about the maint. logbooks and the work done on it. The plane was hangered at Wilson Air Center. I asked the line guys about it and they heard (rumor). That wires behind the instrument panel caught on fire and that caught the insulation on fire. Witnesses said that heavy black smoke coming from the aircraft when it hit the lake.

C141

not in poor taste at all- hopefully these types of questions will continue to appear since that is what this board is for.

C H E E R S

3 5 0

leardvr

I have not heard anything about it since it happened either. From what i was told by those in the flt dept, is what was stated above. There was an electrical fire that led to the tragedy. From what i was told that was the plane that had the most avionics onboard as far as new modern stuff. That means more wires and more things to potentially cause a fire. I know maintenance did find something chaffing wires on our barons after that accident that was quickly fixed and all of the cigarette lighters have been disconnected. But all of this is just a guess, and really that is all any of us can do is guess.

I fly that run now, and i have thought about what happened a couple of times. It was kind of weird and scarry the first day on the run.

Latest resources

Back