Airlines in the CASS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

vtpilotmj

Hey Guys and Gals, do any of you know which airlines (regional and major) are in the Cockpit Access Security System (CASS) now? Is there a list online somewhere. I think AA, NWA, and UAL are memebers, but don't know of anyone else. Any info would be appreciated.

Pinnacle will be online in March.

It's great that CASS is up and running. The problem I see is educating the f#$king gate agents on the idea. It's bad enough now when you show up and are told you can't JS even though there are seats in the back. Imagine now, you tell the gate agent you are a CASS airline and they have no clue what you are talking about. Couple that with the fact that most gate people are not thrilled with being pro-active OR helpful to pilots trying to JS.

You should pretend to be a DISPATCHER trying to catch a ride, and see what kind of reception you get - and I'm not talking about just the gate agents.

There will always be an occasional 'uneducated' person in the process - but hopefully the trend is toward the getting the uneducated educated without someone getting upset infront of the rest of the world. That wouldn't help anyone of us.

Latest resources

Back