Airlines in the CASS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
flyjumpseat said:
You should pretend to be a DISPATCHER trying to catch a ride, and see what kind of reception you get - and I'm not talking about just the gate agents.
Misrepresentation (lying?).... hmmm....

LOL - Sorry T-handle. That's not exactly what I meant. Was just trying to say there are many peoples that do not know that dispatchers are allowed to 'jumpseat' travel.

And back on the topic of CASS, for the airlines included in the CASS system so far - are the dispatchers included?

How do you get listed as an airline with CASS? I would like to direct my jumpseat coordinator in the right direction.

Thanks,
Sac

actually, all 121 airlines are in the CASS database..but..you are only eleigible for cockpit access if your airline has reciprocal with the airline you are trying to jump on. ...in other words, if your airline doesnt have a CASS system up and operating, you are only elegible for the cabin jumpseat..

I have to Agree with "Fly" about dispatchers...

flyjumpseat said:
LOL - Sorry T-handle. That's not exactly what I meant. Was just trying to say there are many peoples that do not know that dispatchers are allowed to 'jumpseat' travel.

And back on the topic of CASS, for the airlines included in the CASS system so far - are the dispatchers included?
Even before 9-11 the gate agents just looked at us dispatchers with that look of WTF? your who? and you do what? and you get to ride in in the cockpit?

Many times the GO had to be called or the pilots had to be bothered about it....now its its just a joke for dispatchers to even try to J/S, we are so low on the OAL list, it's like trying to read the fine print of a car ad on TV....it just plain sucks anymore. Flying on our own acft is about the only way to have a chance and then I get bumped more times than I care to remember. I do realize these are benefits that the Pilots unions have created primarily for themselves, but if they could just remember us little guys once in a while and have a heart in educating the coordinators and Gate agents, it would be much more pleasant....and I am sure all of dispatchers will personally thank each and every crew for the ride....I can even bring some treats if that helps!! :)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back