Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am no fan of Mr. Moore...but....

Michael Moore:

" The plane landed and I stepped into the cockpit. "Read this," the first officer said. He handed me a letter from the airline to him. It was headlined "LETTER OF CONCERN." It seems this poor fellow had taken three sick days in the past year. The letter was a warning not to take another one -- or else."Great," I said. "Just what I want -- you coming to work sick, flying me up in the air and asking to borrow the barf bag from my seatback pocket."He then showed me his pay stub. He took home $405 this week. My life was completely and totally in his hands for the past hour and he's paid less than the kid who delivers my pizza.I told the guys that I have a whole section in my new movie about how pilots are treated (using pilots as only one example of how people's wages have been slashed and the middle class decimated). In the movie I interview a pilot for a major airline who made $17,000 last year. For four months he was eligible -- and received -- food stamps. Another pilot in the film has a second job as a dog walker."I have a second job!" the two pilots said in unison. One is a substitute teacher. The other works in a coffee shop. You know, maybe it's just me, but the two occupations whose workers shouldn't be humpin' a second job are brain surgeons and airline pilots. Call me crazy. "

We are all guilty, we're our own worst enemy. When you (myself included) log on to Expedia and search for an airline ticket, do you buy the cheapest one or do you look at a company that treats and pays their employees well? There's a reason you can fly coast to coast for a few hudred bucks.

Along the same reasoning: everyone puts down Wal-Mart for their business model, but when you go there, the place is packed.

Again I am a hypocrite, I do shop for the cheapest airline fare, but I don't shop at Wal-Mart.

Unless a deadly disease strikes ATP holders age 50 and above there will not be a shortage of qualified pilots in our lifetime.

Perhaps they already have this disease in place, it's called the V1V2 virus!

All kidding aside, please be careful of any one (Micheal Moore) that puts down our healthcare system while praising the Cuban Healthcare system.

Latest resources

Back