AirlineApps

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BritishGuy

Quick question, do you HAVE to use airline apps to apply to some of the affiliated airlines (eg Comair, Colgan etc) to notice your application. I mean, for example Comair use airlineapps. Now if I fax/email/snailmail them a resume will they not look at it because it's not on the airline apps system? Is it worth spending the $60 on airlineapps, or shall I save the cash and just email/post them a resume. Bear in mind I'm a CFI so $60 is a fair bit of cash for me. Helpful replies will be much appreciated. Thanks.

I walked in a couple of friend's resumes to the CP office at Comair and they told me that in order for those resumes to actually be seen they MUST use airlineapps. It is good for other applications to get all that information organized anyhow.

BritishGuy said:
Bear in mind I'm a CFI so $60 is a fair bit of cash for me. Helpful replies will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Keep in mind you can apply to one place under each email address you register with. I.e. if you register, and input your info under [email protected], you can pick one airline to apply to.

If you want to apply to another, make up another hotmail account i.e. [email protected] and re-input your info under than email.

FYI it took me around 2-3 hours to do it. So after doing in a couple times under different email addresses, it would make sense (to me) to pay the $60 to not keep redoing the forms.

If you value money over time, than go the cheap route, it can be done. It's just tedious.

~wheelsup

P.S. It does work, I got called by colgan after about 12 days. A buddy got called by comair in an hour.

BritishGuy said:
Quick question, do you HAVE to use airline apps to apply to some of the affiliated airlines (eg Comair, Colgan etc) to notice your application. I mean, for example Comair use airlineapps. Now if I fax/email/snailmail them a resume will they not look at it because it's not on the airline apps system? Is it worth spending the $60 on airlineapps, or shall I save the cash and just email/post them a resume. Bear in mind I'm a CFI so $60 is a fair bit of cash for me. Helpful replies will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Most states have laws preventing companies from charging application fees. I'm surprised that this has made it this far. If you want to apply to 2 of the airlines, you're forced to pay the $.

Smacktard said:
Most states have laws preventing companies from charging application fees. I'm surprised that this has made it this far. If you want to apply to 2 of the airlines, you're forced to pay the $.

This company is simply charging a "conveinence fee" of $65 to store your info. If you want to apply to two airlines, you can do so free of charge. Just use two email addresses

Not saying I agree with it...

~wheelsup

I had sent in numerous applications "blind" to a lot of the airlines that use airlineapps. I even used their one free trial and sent one through them. Not a single response until I spent the money. Withing three days I had an offer to interview with all three companies I applied to. Sad but true. With regards to the one free trial I don't think airlineapps even sends it in. This was a couple of years ago so things may have changed.

Last edited:
I used my one free application for colgan and they called me 12 days later - it does work.

~wheelsup

Latest resources

Back