AirlineApps questions (help!)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

tkr-toad

For employment history, if you're military, would you put a separate listing for each unit, if at the same base, or just list PCS's as separate entries? Would you break out formal courses/schools as separate?

Would you list any failed checkrides from pilot training (since you're still a student pilot at that point)?

If your former unit was decommissioned years ago, what address, phone number and supervisor do you list? The base operator?

For old salaries, is a round approximate number OK or should one go back on old tax returns to generate an exact number?

For traffic violations, do you check "Yes" for "Guilty" if you paid the fine in the mail? What do you enter for "Disposition" if you paid the fine in the mail? One old DMV printout has a "B" for disposition. Bail? What zip code should be used - the location of the violation or the courthouse listed?

Does a Piper Seminole require a type rating?

Thanks in advance. Sorry if this belongs in another forum.

For employment history, if you're military, would you put a separate listing for each unit, if at the same base, or just list PCS's as separate entries? Would you break out formal courses/schools as separate?

Would you list any failed checkrides from pilot training (since you're still a student pilot at that point)?

If your former unit was decommissioned years ago, what address, phone number and supervisor do you list? The base operator?

For old salaries, is a round approximate number OK or should one go back on old tax returns to generate an exact number?

For traffic violations, do you check "Yes" for "Guilty" if you paid the fine in the mail? What do you enter for "Disposition" if you paid the fine in the mail? One old DMV printout has a "B" for disposition. Bail? What zip code should be used - the location of the violation or the courthouse listed?

Really?

If you are applying for a 121 job you might want to brush up on which aircraft require a type rating.

Flame Thrower... bouyyyyyyyyyyy...

I'm not an active duty type, but i think it would be sufficient to include it as one entry and list your most recent unit.

I don't think it would hurt you to list them, as long as you didn't bust a LOT of checkrides. I think the majority of pilots busted something at UPT at sometime... FWIW, there is no way for an airline to check those records, since your UPT training record was most likely ditched years ago.

Personally, I would list everything how it was when you were there. If there is room to explain, I would comment the unit was decommissioned. No point on putting the base operator down since they will have no info about you anyway. They probably won't even remember that unit being there.

Estimate should be fine.

I checked yes. Disposition, paid fine. List the zip where infraction occurred.

No.

You guys give the guy a break!!!! I'm type C-152H....

Thanks, Grunt.
Flamebait? Hardly. I'm actually surprised with Delta hiring that there isn't anyone else with questions regarding this app.
I flew the PA-44 for a dozen sorties a decade ago. After looking at the FARs I still can't determine if it requires a type. It looks like you can GET a type. But is it required? Seems there's no clear cut answer.

I'm 100% sure it doesn't have a type or need a type rating to he flown. The more pressing question is why on earth would you leave an ART job for the airlines.

I hear you.

Just exploring the options. It's not a certainty. It's a very difficult decision. Not jumping ship just yet. But, it's something I've always wanted and, as odd as it sounds, despite the changes in the industry, there's still a case to be made (for me ) to trade overall income, security, and benefits to be rid of years of mind-numbing office work and lack of gratification. It's hard to get out of said office to fly and my particular situation has me away from home 8-12 nights per month anyway. Plus, if it turned out to be not what I'd hoped for, I can always return to the ART world (albeit not exactly where I left off). I don't want to turn 60 and wonder, "What if...?" The grass may not be greener but I've spoken to enough folks in the majors who say, while not as good as before, it's still hard to beat (if you enjoy flying, that is). Maybe I'll come to my senses. :confused:

Last edited:
Thanks, Grunt.
Flamebait? Hardly. I'm actually surprised with Delta hiring that there isn't anyone else with questions regarding this app.
I flew the PA-44 for a dozen sorties a decade ago. After looking at the FARs I still can't determine if it requires a type. It looks like you can GET a type. But is it required? Seems there's no clear cut answer.
Can't quote the reg with 100% certainty, but a type rating is only required for aircraft that are over 12,500lbs MGTOW or jet powered. FWIW, under Type Rating Required Y/N, I put "yes" for the KC135 and T1, since they call in that category. Pretty sure I checked no for the tweet, because the tye rating doesn't even exist for that airplane, it falls into a different category from what I remember.

Preparing for the interview, I'd read up on the book "Everything Explained for the Professional Pilot." It's a great study aid. I'd also read through the Gleim ATP written study guide pretty well. Not only does that have a lot of regs from part 91/121/135, but I hear there are parts that are releant to the Delta written tests as well.

Good luck.

Can I have your job if you get hired? :)

Latest resources

Back