• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airlineapps Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I just checked my certificate and it is worded 'Date of Issue'. That's what I'd put, the date off the certificate, even if it wasn't my checkride date.

Does Airlineapps have a number or email address for questions? I'd rather get their answer rather than the opinion of a bunch of wankers on this site! :D
Airline Apps does have thier email addy on the website. See contact us tab. Also if you are a paid member there is a phone number to call. All is on the site. Finally, I have just had to call them for questions and they picked up immediately. Very nice people and very willing to help. If you do not want to pay anything you can still get their help via email and you can still apply to all the companies they work with. All clearly laid out on the site. Just take the time to read.

Date of issue is the date of issuance on the certificate. They need it so that it matches up with the FAA records. The date that the FAA has is the SAME one that is printed on the certificate. If it is a reissuance due to an additional rating, the certificate will have a more recent date. That's the date they want. If you go to the FAA website and search the airman database, you'll see that this is updated in accordance with each issuance (or reissuance) of said certificate.

You guys worry too much.

Use the date on your actual certificate.

You need to take a deep breath and pull your heads out of each others asses for a minute. Why would they ask this nugget of information? Maybe so they can search the FAA records?

If you put a date other than the one on your certificate, you will raise a red flag.

EDIT: When ATC asks your speed, don't say 304. Say 300. Seriously.

Last edited:
Siucavflight,
You must be one of those 250 hr wunderkinder who carries a bag pack has an ipod and never gets laid because he tell everyone he is an airline pilot! DA

As far as the question is concerned I always put the initial date that you received that certificate and NOT the reissue date. Like on the ATP if you get an additional type you will have a reissue date. Put the original date.

Wow. You just showed your lack of knowledge.

An ATP is dependant on type ratings. If you get a standard ATP in a Seneca, then a few years later get an ATP with an ERJ type rating, you must list the later date as your issue date.

Your new ATP is "Airline Transport Pilot - ERJ type rating". You're not reissuing a type rating.

You need to study up your knowledge before you post in this section, my friend.

Last edited:
Wow. You just showed your lack of knowledge.

An ATP is dependant on type ratings. If you get a standard ATP in a Seneca, then a few years later get an ATP with an ERJ type rating, you must list the later date as your issue date.

Your new ATP is "Airline Transport Pilot - ERJ type rating". You're not reissuing a type rating.

You need to study up your knowledge before you post in this section, my friend.
Thank you. And he thinks that I am the 250 hour celebate ipod backpack wearing FO!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back