Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airlineapps data from airline POV question.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

igneousy2

When an airline pulls up a pilots file what exactly are they able to look at. I know from the Airapps website that they can see the date of your last update, however I was wondering if they tracked the changes you made to your application. For example - 9/9/07 - changed MD80 time from 100 hours to 337 hours, etc.

Just curious,

Thanks

My perception is that they can track every single change you've made on the application. If you're invited to the interview, they probably expect some minor changes in times, etc. But I also think it will raise some eyebrows if someone omitted a DUI or some other indiscretion and magically remembered it right before the interview. I was invited to interview at SWA, and they had my original online application right next to the most updated application I completed. Between those two periods, I had entered a speeding ticket and they wanted to know why it wasn't on the original app. I was able to explain it and was offered the job, but I think they look pretty carefully for that type of omission. Just my perception.

Major airline

Although this airline I'm talking about doesn't use AirApps because they have their own online app I though I'd mention what a friend told me that he experienced when he interviewed. I can't mention the airline name, but it's a major.

Before the interview, they gave him a printout of his application to review and sign. At the back, was a several page listing of each time (listing date and time) he had logged in and what he had changed (ie: jet pic changed from 1021 to 1142, etc).

In this day of unlimited storage and the ability to search easily, if you've done something online - posted a picture, written a entry on a website, it's accessible by someone forever. I think the same thing exists with application - I imagine if he reapplies to this airline, they'll compare his new app with the old one and see what's changed.

Don't be surprised if they just Google your name and see what comes up. Hopefully, you don't have some stupid myspace page or some crazy photos from college.

I screwed up my time and had to go back almost a year later and fix it online and in own logbook. I interviewed a few months later and nobody mentioned anything.
Oh and they still hired me.

Paranoid pilot!!:p

I e-mailed the Airapps people through their website and this is the response I got - thanks for all the replies.

From airapps.com

In regards to your question about updating, the system works real time. The airlines have an interface to the system as you do; whenever you make updates to your application it is instantly seen as such when you select "save changes". They will always see the most recent version of your application just as you do.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back