AirlineApps and ASAP Letters of Correction

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyf15

Say, uhh... a err, friend of mine, has recieved a Letter of Correction as the result of an ASAP event.

AirlineApps asks a few questions where this might apply. Is there any way one can answer no to these questions without flat out falsifying their application or doing anything else bad? I know a Letter of Correction is an Administrative Action for an alleged violation... but it is not a finding of violation. Also, as far as I know, future employers (and pretty much anyone else) can't find out about Letters of Correction as they are not released under FOIA / PRIA. So, with those of you with knowledge or experience, please give ... my friend ... some input. Thanks, your help is greatly appreciated.

"FAA administrative actions against you?"

"Do you have any warning letters, fines, or certificate suspensions on record with the FAA, including any incident in which no penalty was assessed due to a NASA ASRS or ASAP reports?"

"Have you ever had, or been involved in, any aircraft accidents, incidents, or violations--either reported or unreported?"

"Were you ever a member of a crew that was under investigation or received a violation by the FAA or Military?"

Yeah. Go ahead and lie. If you think you can get away with it, go for it.

Any more questions?

S.

Say, uhh... a err, friend of mine, has recieved a Letter of Correction as the result of an ASAP event.

AirlineApps asks a few questions where this might apply. Is there any way one can answer no to these questions without flat out falsifying their application or doing anything else bad? I know a Letter of Correction is an Administrative Action for an alleged violation... but it is not a finding of violation. Also, as far as I know, future employers (and pretty much anyone else) can't find out about Letters of Correction as they are not released under FOIA / PRIA. So, with those of you with knowledge or experience, please give ... my friend ... some input. Thanks, your help is greatly appreciated.

"FAA administrative actions against you?"

"Do you have any warning letters, fines, or certificate suspensions on record with the FAA, including any incident in which no penalty was assessed due to a NASA ASRS or ASAP reports?"

"Have you ever had, or been involved in, any aircraft accidents, incidents, or violations--either reported or unreported?"

"Were you ever a member of a crew that was under investigation or received a violation by the FAA or Military?"

I'd say, wait until the time is up (usually 2 years) if you want to be less than truthful. However, one thing that amazes me is how often you hear that a Letter of Warning or a Letter of Correction (2 different things) will not show on your PRIA form (my previous airlines’ ASAP representative even told us that). Well, I was involved in doing background checks on our new hires at my previous regional and I know it as a fact that we found letters of warning on several of our pilots even though supposedly they weren’t “supposed” to be there. I'd say contact John Ryan at the FAA to find out what's on your file - this way you'll be 100% sure. [email protected]
Wish you(r), uh friend, the best!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back