• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airline workers want pay, benefits restored

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
But the movie theater down the street who continued to sell candy bars at $1 saw its load factor go up after the word spread around about the higher candy bar prices at your Imax. For those who say the consumers won't change because of price, why is it loads free fall drop ever time a price increase has been announced? example in May of 09 SWA doubled their advance purchase ticket prices, sales dropped off the scale within two weeks prices had returned to normal. BTW I have nothing against an airline pilot making $500K/yr, you just have to find an econ structure that will support it.

actually JUS starting pay for a DC-9 F/O at $37/ky is higher than Delta, American, CAL, USAirways, and all of the regionals,

Gee, there's a surprise, you continue to chime in in some vain attempt to give your career some kind of meaning by the downing of others. General Lee, some comical posts, some good posts, some bad posts, but he remains but a anonymous character on here that blends the slick airline pilot style with a rebel tinge. You on the other hand, have egotistically outed yourself while maintaining an extremists stance on safety or lack of including proclamation in the past that an MEL should be followed without question to the legitimacy as one example. Do you still feel that way? Because of that's the stance of your company, I would discourage anyone from ever going there. Ballsy and moronic of you at the same time IMHO. Have you not asked yourself, speaking of economics, what are the potential costs of you blabbing every down with this profession opinion to as many people as possible?

We are probably a little underpaid since 9/11 but our profession has perks other careers don't have. Some perks we enjoy our a lot of days off, free travel, an office with a view at 410 and the status sympbol of our job. We may never recover our pay but you guys can't deny some of these perks.

But the movie theater down the street who continued to sell candy bars at $1 saw its load factor go up after the word spread around about the higher candy bar prices at your Imax. For those who say the consumers won't change because of price, why is it loads free fall drop ever time a price increase has been announced? example in May of 09 SWA doubled their advance purchase ticket prices, sales dropped off the scale within two weeks prices had returned to normal. BTW I have nothing against an airline pilot making $500K/yr, you just have to find an econ structure that will support it.

But, there was no movie theater down the street. There was no competition. The point was the customer wanted a product and even though the price was high, it was not outrageous so they bought it.

Tell me why loads did not free fall when the baggage charges started? Why are Alaska Airlines passengers not flocking to Southwest? (SWA does not have baggage fees).

I still don't think its the customer setting the fares entirely but the intense competition for a finite amount of customers. True, there are some that will not fly if prices go up X amount, but there are many that still will. Capacity has to go down for prices to go up.

good to hear from you again

Gee, there's a surprise, you continue to chime in in some vain attempt to give your career some kind of meaning by the downing of others. General Lee, some comical posts, some good posts, some bad posts, but he remains but a anonymous character on here that blends the slick airline pilot style with a rebel tinge. You on the other hand, have egotistically outed yourself while maintaining an extremists stance on safety or lack of including proclamation in the past that an MEL should be followed without question to the legitimacy as one example. Do you still feel that way? Because of that's the stance of your company, I would discourage anyone from ever going there. Ballsy and moronic of you at the same time IMHO. Have you not asked yourself, speaking of economics, what are the potential costs of you blabbing every down with this profession opinion to as many people as possible?
Do you follow me around the board? You are a very low poster nut about 1/3 of your posts have been to me?

Do you follow me around the board? You are a very low poster nut about 1/3 of your posts have been to me?

You're the only one on here who has uninvited private messaged me more than once as implied you have with many others. I am on a mission to prevent some misguided up and coming professional pilot souls from believing your bad intentioned rhetoric. I would suggest you change your approach or go missed.

You're the only one on here who has uninvited private messaged me more than once as implied you have with many others. I am on a mission to prevent some misguided up and coming professional pilot souls from believing your bad intentioned rhetoric. I would suggest you change your approach or go missed.
So no freedom of speech? No have "You ever thought of unintended consequences, like "You might be walking off a cliff in the dark"? No looking a history to see what has happened in the past? No living of a childhood dream of flying airplanes? No dealing with the reality of the marketplace and no ever considering that management might just be trying to save the airline and the associated jobs? This is what has to be givne up to be accepted on FI?

Oh man!, I thought I was the only one who got treated with his narcissistic/self pity life story!

actually JUS starting pay for a DC-9 F/O at $37/ky is higher than Delta, American, CAL, USAirways, and all of the regionals,

Um....I'm not sure where you get your information, but it's all public.
BUT, just for you
DAL 1st year pay=$54/hr at 70/hr guarantee 12 mos =$45,360
CAL, UAL and AMR 1st year pay are 31/33/35. But a substantial jump in 2nd year pay more than offsets the lousy pay you are talking about.
Maybe try a little research before spouting something that just isn't completely true. But looking at your posts, you never seem to mind telling something that isn't true.

Oh man!, I thought I was the only one who got treated with his narcissistic/self pity life story!
nope I am an equal opportunity PMer, prefer not to hide behind a screen name, like many, out of the 400-500 PM's I send only about 5 fit into your category. Most were cordial.
Um....I'm not sure where you get your information, but it's all public.
BUT, just for you
DAL 1st year pay=$54/hr at 70/hr guarantee 12 mos =$45,360
CAL, UAL and AMR 1st year pay are 31/33/35. But a substantial jump in 2nd year pay more than offsets the lousy pay you are talking about.
Maybe try a little research before spouting something that just isn't completely true. But looking at your posts, you never seem to mind telling something that isn't true.
I must have an old pay scale, I got it old of here but can not remember when. BTW When we don't like reality, we then to think of it as untrue.

Latest resources

Back