• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

wolfpackpilot

Diehard Republican
Fractional Pilots:

On average, how long does it take you guys to reach silver or gold status with most of the major airlines? What type of benefits does this give? Do you have any choice in choosing the airline you ride on?

Thanks!

already silver on dl for next year (gold this year and last). do about 5-6 atlantic crossings a year so it adds up quick - dl is nja 1st choice for intl flights.

only way to pick an a/l is if it's cheaper than the one they booked. happens all the time - last week $290 booked on us, found a dl fare for $210 - they changed it for me since it was cheaper.

A lot of decides what airline you get booked the most on is what your gateway is also. I fly out of a Delta hub so I made Silver my first year and Gold the past two years. Gets me free upgrades which are nice, and you get extra miles too for each flight instead of 1 per mile I think you get 2 per mile flown.

bizjet737 said:
nope. same app, just bid it in about 10-15yrs when your seniority can hold it. last f/o bid went to seniority #'s <100.

OK, thanks. Looking at things in case things " go south" before retiring in < 10 mos.

great this is the home of retired airline pilots. You might want to flex the muscles and do some stretches. You'll be lifiting a lot of bags and making sure the cofee is hot.

Diesel said:
great this is the home of retired airline pilots. You might want to flex the muscles and do some stretches. You'll be lifiting a lot of bags and making sure the cofee is hot.

Been there, done that for 20+ years!!
Open eyes going in.

Thanks for the warning though.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back