Airline Pilot wearing military awards

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

erikgigem

Can someone help me out.. I had a jumpseater riding in the cabin in their airline jacket wearing the Army awards on their uniform.

Does anyone know what airlines allow their veterans to wear their military awards on their jackets? Thanks.

Can someone help me out.. I had a jumpseater riding in the cabin in their airline jacket wearing the Army awards on their uniform.

Does anyone know what airlines allow their veterans to wear their military awards on their jackets? Thanks.

What company was the jumpseater with? Personally I don't know of any Co. that allows this, but I could be wrong. Was it just a lapel pin or a full set of ribbons or what? I really don't see anything wrong with one lapel pin, but thats about it. Unless of course, it's the Medal of Honor, then as far as I'm concerned you can wear it anywhere or anytime you damn well want to.

Can someone help me out.
Sure
I had a jumpseater riding in the cabin in their airline jacket wearing the Army awards on their uniform.
That should be I had a jumpseater riding in the cabin in his airline jacket wearing the Army awards on his uniform. Of course, if she were a woman instead of a man (you were there - I wasn't), you would replace his with her.
You're quite welcome. I'm always glad to help.

Maybe it was an airline pilot commuting to his military reserve duty in a military uniform?

Navy Service Dress Blues look a lot like an airline uniform.

I wore a small Air Medal pin on my lapel. It actually came with the award.

Well...that and my expert hand grenade medal I got from the Army. But that is it..I swear.

Hi!

I wouldn't care. I would be glad I was flying an aircraft where I could give someone a ride.

Even if it was MY airline, I wouldn't care what the guy wore, unless it was in very poor taste (like pink shoes or green spiky hair).

If some guy wore some mil stuff, I'd thank him/her for their service.

cliff
GRB

My first impression would be that it's kind of tacky, but after thinking about it, there are some civilian awards that have military equivalents that may have been earned while working a military contract, CRAF activation, etc. If so, I'd guess that those awards should be allowed on a company uniform.

Still, I'd feel mighty self conscious wearing my ribbons on my company uniform.

Certain police forces in the US allow the police in uniform to wear their " RACK" of ribbons. It looks out of place to me and I prefer the wear of a lapel pin of your choice.

Military service is guys/gals that are/have given their lives to protect us....I have no concern or worry about what a person wears on their uniform.

Thank him/her for their service and be greatful that you had the oppurtunity (small as it is) to return the favor!!!

Latest resources

Back