• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airline/Military Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If your HR folks don't give you the right answer, definitely contact ESGR. Your pay rate is one of the "benefits of employment ... which accrue with longevity in employment." Hopefully it's just a matter of ignorance on their part. If it's not, I'm sure an ESGR lawyer can straighten them out posthaste.

Good luck,

Z

Z...I got the final answer from HR this morning. All employees receive pay increases and retain longevity as though they had never left for military service. Now I can refocus on the requalification check in the next few months!

Good -- as it should be. Hopefully all the recent activations have educated HR depts on what the laws really say.
Good luck with your checkride.

Z

I've heard also that those joining the military for active duty can also keep their seniority. I work for an airline currently and would like to keep my jumpseating privilege. I understand that the law not only applies to reservists but also active duty. Am I right?

go into military?

I am 17,just got my pilots license and am wanting to go into commercial aviation. I dont know whether to buy a 152 and get my ratings then buy a twin and get hours or just go into the military. I just dont like the 11yr commitment in the military when you only paid 20-40,000$. I'm just wondering if it is posible to get a deicent job now days without being in the military and how will the industry be in 10yrs. thanks

heavy_d said:
I am 17,just got my pilots license and am wanting to go into commercial aviation. I dont know whether to buy a 152 and get my ratings then buy a twin and get hours or just go into the military. I just dont like the 11yr commitment in the military when you only paid 20-40,000$. I'm just wondering if it is posible to get a deicent job now days without being in the military and how will the industry be in 10yrs. thanks
You'd be money ahead to buy a 152, no question about it. Don't join the military just to fly an airplane.

Latest resources

Back