• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airline History Slideshow - Find Your Bankrupt Airline

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
i was kinda looking for Piedmont in there. USAir ruined them, hopefully they won't ruin Wmerica West.

GuppyWN said:
Remember when the Captain was God and the stews were ALL hot? Man have times changed. I would have given my first born to be a TWA captain in the 60's.

Gup

you are the first born givin and some guy enjoyed his career in the 60's...:beer:

GuppyWN said:
Remember when the Captain was God and the stews were ALL hot? Man have times changed. I would have given my first born to be a TWA captain in the 60's.

Gup

Duuude! Dat's why my daddy done left when I wuz a little baby. Like momma said dat my pappy done went to work fer da TeeWay, but I aint figgured it out till right now!

I like wuz wonderin why I like dem aeroplanes so much! Pappy must a liked em so much, he gave up me to be a TeeWay Capn! I didn't know dats what it took to git dat job, but now I understands why he left me and momma and Bucky and Bernice. Still hurts though, bro. Hurts real bad.

Amish RakeFight said:
Great slideshow - I felt all sentimental, even though I didn't live through those earlier times. It also made me kind of sad at the same time, but happy to be involved with aviation.

Good find.

Yeah, I felt the same way. :blush:

My Dad worked for Sabena back in the day(Along with American and Olympic Airways). He is retired now and just loved it.......it definitely took him down memory lane - thanks for that link bubba.

Despite the true pleasure, ease, and enjoyment of our chosen careers, and fully understanding the still present financial setbacks still felt from 911; it is a disgraceful shame to see the True Airlines in the state their in. No thanks to the shameless whoring/scabing of the low-cost-carriers. We all know who they are!! Let us never forget!!

moresky: Pray tell, who are the "True Airlines" (add some dramatic orchestra music in the background)? How about a definition of what makes a "True Airline"?
I agree, it is disgraceful and shameful about the legacies. Your blame-shifting and whiny, mealy-mouthed jabs at LCCs only heap more disgrace and shame.
I have no doubt that you'll "never forget".

"Great slideshow - I felt all sentimental, even though I didn't live through those earlier times. It also made me kind of sad at the same time, but happy to be involved with aviation."

It made me feel real tingly inside, kind of like when you climb the rope in gym class.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back