• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airline Discounts in Vegas anymore??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The Luxor used to give a good rate a few years ago, but not sure about now. Your best bet is to check with one of the interline companies like Perx.com.

I went to Vegas a few months ago and tried everywhere to get a hotel discount. I could not find any. As the person before me said the luxor use to give a discount but not anymore. It was a great deal too! like 39 bucks or something. Those were the days. Anyway, I stayed at Harrah's for like 55, not bad. I think i used hotels.com or priceline. Really liked the hotel. Hope this helps.

Check the discount websites to see who has the best rates for your days. Then go directly to the hotels website and find the 800 number for reservations. Be extra nice to these agents, they have quite a bit of pricing power.Tell the agent of the deal they are running on hotels.com, expedia, etc (even on competing properties) and see if they can beat it. 9 times out of 10 they will. Also ask what their interline rates are. Tell them you are an airline pilot. Even if they do not offer interline rates, they will often give free upgrades. After booking, ask them if there are any special things you should ask for at check-in. Certain upper floors, etc. For example, at the Paris and Alladin - a Bellagio fountains view. Next, at check in, very important. Dress well, act polite and professionally. Remind the desk agent of your interline status and show them your airline ID. Ask for the specific upgrades (like 45th floor or rose level, information you got from the reservation agent) or other perk you are looking for. After they help you, DON'T FORGET TO TIP! $10 is usually sufficient. This should help you, especially on weekdays. Room rates are pretty reasonable and you are more likely to get perks/upgrades rather than discounts. Good luck! If all else fails, try priceline. They have the best rates, but make informed bids by doing some research first at biddingfortravel.com to see what other travelers have gotten in the past.

After they help you, DON'T FORGET TO TIP! $10 is usually sufficient. This should help you, especially on weekdays. Room rates are pretty reasonable and you are more likely to get perks/upgrades rather than discounts. .

This is not an attempt to hi-jack this thread but who the HE!! tips the front desk clerk??? After tiping the skycap 2 bucks for handling your bag, you tip the cab driver another 3 or 4 bucks, then comes the front desk clerk, oh ya, we can't forget the bellman. He deserves a few bucks!! Then after all that, when you stop in at Starbucks, you have to tip the Barista there!! Holy sh!t, the 20 or 30 bucks you just saved on the hotel went towards tips!!!

Should I stand at the door to the flight deck with a tip jar, and request tips from my passengers as they are leaving the airplane?? Where does it stop???

Sorry, I'll put the soapbox back in the closet now!!!

Flythere, are you the guy that always tells the can drivers you are out of cash and will have to get him next time? In any service business, (especially at a deluxe hotel) if an employee goes out of their way to help you (upgraded room or VIP level for example) a tip is appropriate. I am not saying tip the girl at the La Quinta. This is the way it works.

This is not an attempt to hi-jack this thread but who the HE!! tips the front desk clerk??? After tiping the skycap 2 bucks for handling your bag, you tip the cab driver another 3 or 4 bucks, then comes the front desk clerk, oh ya, we can't forget the bellman. He deserves a few bucks!! Then after all that, when you stop in at Starbucks, you have to tip the Barista there!! Holy sh!t, the 20 or 30 bucks you just saved on the hotel went towards tips!!!

Should I stand at the door to the flight deck with a tip jar, and request tips from my passengers as they are leaving the airplane?? Where does it stop???

Sorry, I'll put the soapbox back in the closet now!!!

Tipping is just part of staying at a nice hotel. If you don't like it, then just make your reservation at the Comfort Inn. :rolleyes:

Motel 6 for me all the way!! I will tip the van driver if he handles my bag, If I have to yard my bag, then I get the tip!! I believe giving a tip when the service warrants it!!!

Latest resources

Back