• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airline Biz Blog Reports on SWAPA/ALPA Process Agreement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok... AAI put the language in - why is it such a big deal for Prez. Chase to take it out????? I smell a rat.

I'll bet it's like a Vegas wedding. What sounded like a good idea on Friday doesn't look so good on Monday.

Our unions will get together in a month or so to resume the meetings and they'll work it out. In the meantime life goes on.

Gup

We should ignore them for a month or two or in fact a year or two let them keep making RJ wages. I can hold out for another 20 years or so.

ALPA will kill this deal in the end........I'm just saying

We should ignore them for a month or two or in fact a year or two let them keep making RJ wages. I can hold out for another 20 years or so.

Yawn...........

Talking about money I keep hearing you guys are already five million in the hole to alpa. Just curious where does the money come from to repay them, and the ongoing legal bill that will be run up over the next few years?

As a Legacy dues paying ALPA member, I feel this battle is a worthy and good allocation of our dues. I support the AirTran pilots and wish them a fair and even handed SLI, that will be our payback.

It will be a fair even handed SLI. One side will not see it that way when It is over though.

This won't be a case of everyone being pissed when it is done. The cards are squarely in one sides corner and that will count for more than anything else in the end.

One thing is for sure and that is the AirTran pilots will be treated fairly and no matter the SLI result it will have been handled equitably as far as they are concerned.

The SWA pilots will be pleased when it is finished but we need to thrash in the meantime.

Our unions will get together in a month or so to resume the meetings and they'll work it out. In the meantime life goes on.
Would be surprised if they've haven't at *LEAST* been passing emails back and forth on proposals since the whole issue came up, much less had some telephone or video meetings about it.

The fact that it's taken over a week to hammer out one small change tells me that, as was mentioned before, the lawyers likely caught something in the new language that was T.A.'d in the final hours of talks (just like our update from the MEC said last Friday) that contradicted something that had been previously agreed to back in Dec (like Chase said in his update). The truth is always somewhere in the middle...

Like Ty said, sometimes when pilots are crafting complex documents, our linear thinking doesn't go back and remember something we did two months ago and prompt us to say "Hey wait a second, that won't work with this sentence on page 27 that we worked on back before Christmas." Works the same with contract negotiations, and that's why both sides have lawyers.

It'll get worked out... obviously it was something important or it would have been solved by now. Like Gup said,,, life goes on. :beer:

Or the lawyers know how to get a billable hour out of a client that's going away...

It will be a fair even handed SLI. One side will not see it that way when It is over though.

This won't be a case of everyone being pissed when it is done. The cards are squarely in one sides corner and that will count for more than anything else in the end.

One thing is for sure and that is the AirTran pilots will be treated fairly and no matter the SLI result it will have been handled equitably as far as they are concerned.

The SWA pilots will be pleased when it is finished but we need to thrash in the meantime.

Well sorry, but you will be disappointed, but you will be more realistic about your next SLI expectations after you buy AS. You all will be past the steep part of the learning curve by then.

Cheers

Last edited:

That's what I see happening also. The AirTran boys will never take their heads out of their butts. What a shame. I don't think a staple is even on the table anymore. Likely they will offer preferential interviews to some of the Guadaloupe pilots - the ones that actually want to be at Southwest will get an interview.

that's what i see happening also. The airtran boys will never take their heads out of their butts. What a shame. I don't think a staple is even on the table anymore. Likely they will offer preferential interviews to some of the guadaloupe pilots - the ones that actually want to be at southwest will get an interview.

tool!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back