• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airline Biz Blog Reports on SWAPA/ALPA Process Agreement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What's the matter Vix, can't get the AirTran guys to gulp down the company Kool-aid??

That's not what actually happened. Don't believe everything you read.

I had a SWA Negotiating Committee member on my jumpseat just this past Monday and I asked him about ALPA deciding to reneg on the Process Agreement. He backed up what Captain Chase said.

AAI AirTran wanted some transitional language in the Process Agreement since they knew they were not going to be party to a Transition Agreement. They put the language in the Process Agreement in December and SWAPA agreed to some of it.

However, now AAI ALPA has decided that it doesn't like the VERY language that they put in the Process Agreement themselves.

So, that being said what is your explanation for it? Stating "Don't believe everything you read" holds no water.

I had a SWA Negotiating Committee member on my jumpseat just this past Monday and I asked him about ALPA deciding to reneg on the Process Agreement. He backed up what Captain Chase said.

AAI AirTran wanted some transitional language in the Process Agreement since they knew they were not going to be party to a Transition Agreement. They put the language in the Process Agreement in December and SWAPA agreed to some of it.

However, now AAI ALPA has decided that it doesn't like the VERY language that they put in the Process Agreement themselves.

So, that being said what is your explanation for it? Stating "Don't believe everything you read" holds no water.

Ok... AAI put the language in - why is it such a big deal for Prez. Chase to take it out????? I smell a rat.

Ok... AAI put the language in - why is it such a big deal for Prez. Chase to take it out????? I smell a rat.

I don't know. Call Captain Chase and ask him.

Better yet call the AAI M&A Committee and ask them why their attention span is worse than a 6 year old on a sugar high.

You are telling me that a SWAPA Negotiating Committee member backed up what CA Chase said? WOW that's odd. Did he tell you they added language after ALPA requested the change and thats where we are now. Let the Chest thumping begin. Our guys say this, your guys say that. If SWAPA wont agree to the language then it was something that could really screw ATN guys. The lawyers did there job.

Complex agreements have many moving parts. A change here and there can have unforeseen consequences. One part may contradict another, or rely on a part that is modified or removed entirely, thus negating or modifying an important part.

I'm not saying that it what happened, because I don't know the specifics, but why don't we let the people who we have chosen to work on our behalf do their job?

Additionally, if an AAI guy came on here and started second-guessing SWAPA, your negotiators, or your President, you would be spitting mad, "Leeroy". Why do you think it's OK to treat your AAI future coworkers with such little respect? Are you really that small, angry and bitter? Apparently, you've caught the microphallus bug, too. Maybe you should find a shrink instead of a message board. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
We all know there is no retro in SLI negotiations. For most of us the SLI is going to be what it is, so who is losing?

Maybe he can use the same guy you visit. If anybody needs a shrink we all know you should.

I knew you wouldn't be able to address the substantive part of my message . . . . so I gave you a little something to work with. ;)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back