Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Aircraft Sales Career....anyone have info?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flightjock30

I am interested in a career as an aircraft salesman. My ultimate goal would be to sell corporate jets for a company such as Gulfstream, Learjet, etc. My question is does anyone know how competitive of an industry it is to be successful in? Are aircraft companies always looking to hire for these positions, or is it something that requires tons of sales experience prior to working for them, etc? I am curious. Thanks.

Flightjock30 said:
I am interested in a career as an aircraft salesman. My ultimate goal would be to sell corporate jets for a company such as Gulfstream, Learjet, etc. My question is does anyone know how competitive of an industry it is to be successful in? Are aircraft companies always looking to hire for these positions, or is it something that requires tons of sales experience prior to working for them, etc? I am curious. Thanks.

When i took my demo flight in a Cirrus i was talking to the salesman, he said that he had a lot of sales experience selling high end cars, and he had his CFI so he went to Cirrus. He said they were looking for people with a solid sales background.

Youens said:
When i took my demo flight in a Cirrus i was talking to the salesman, he said that he had a lot of sales experience selling high end cars, and he had his CFI so he went to Cirrus. He said they were looking for people with a solid sales background.

along those lines I just read in AOPA magazine that the head of sales for Cirrus was brought over from high up in sales at Rolls Royce Cars.

Seems like a tough industry to get into then! To even be considered in selling luxury cars they want you to have a minimum of like 5 years sellings GMs, Volkswagens, etc. Then you would have to see luxury cars for 5 years at least. Seems like something that would be very hard to break into because you probably know to know people as well within the company (Cessna, Gulfstream, Raytheon, etc.).

Just imagine the sales commission on a Gulfstream 500? LOL. Six figures in on sale. LOL.

I briefly looked into it a while back. You are a sales pro first, pilot second. Need to have an extensive progressive sales background, dealing with higher end clientele, selling high ticket items.

Raytheon doesn't require any sales experience to apply.That doesn't mean you will get on.You will have to move most likely untill you can get an area that you like.

I know college buddies that got hired out of school selling new Cessna's for a dealership. I also have a buddy who flies Helo's in the guard and works for Eurocopter selling A-Stars and EC-120's.

I met a dude at eclipse who was a former regional pilot. Had an aviation degree from a big name aerspace school, as well as afriend on the inside. He loved it.

I wonder what kind of money these guys make as aircraft salesman? Obviously there is a range, but I wonder if guys are breaking $150K a year. Id say thats possible if you are making commission of business jets and other turbines.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back