• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Aircraft rental limitations?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow! I see a lot of people thinking the "required check-out" is FBO motivated, especially that low-life instructor who took the time to climb into the airplane and go around the pattern a couple of times, at least a half hour of his time and gouged you for a whopping six bucks! Man, I don't blame you I'd be irate, too!

Hey! It's INSURANCE DRIVEN! You learned to fly there, just got your Private, layed off a couple months...statistacly, you are in the top-number-one place to have an accident. Insurance keeps us safe.

Yeah, I wish we could have a better system of validating PROFICIENCY (not currency) to be able to rent at various FBO's, but having a pilot license is not like having a driver license. You are gonna have to document your proficiency anywhere you rent, because the insurance people would buy the farm if we just let a person with a paper license go with the airplane.

JimNtexas said:
Even if there are 10 partners for the airplane you'll be much better off than any rental. Not to mention far far safer.
How is it safer ? I trust the FBO I rent from far more than joining a partnership. The FBO does the 50 hour maintenance as required by the FAR's, is a private partnership bound by such a requirement ? Any squawks on the aircraft are dealt with immediately, whereas in a partnership, you have to 'ask' the members for money for anything major.

The FBO I rent from only has a 1 hour min per 24 hour rental period.

Philiso

UnAnswerd said:
You'd thing [sic] a certificate would be proof enough of responsible aircraft operation...
You'd think, but no. I've seen, done, and heard of enough stupid pilot tricks to know that a certificate alone is no garauntee of proficiency. Suck it up.

-Goose

My FBO currency runs out after 30 days. Being a young in time aviator I have a CFI go up after 2-3/wks of not flying. Making that 250/hr threshold is a goal of mine. Any CFI will have feedback on your landings, good learning. We have the 3/hr min per day, but it's not set in stone.

Latest resources

Back