Aircraft Rental around SLC?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jafar

Anyone have any recommendations for rental of single engine low wing aircraft in or around SLC? Particularly, I'm looking for Diamond DA-20's and 40's. I've been flying at UVSC to date (PVU), and although the prices are awesome they're a little anal about flying passengers. I know OK3 has DA-20's, so who else around the area has Diamond airplanes? I saw 3 DA-40's on the ramp at Salt Lake #2 the other day, but didn't have a chance to find out who owned them.

Thanks!

Jafar said:
Anyone have any recommendations for rental of single engine low wing aircraft in or around SLC? Particularly, I'm looking for Diamond DA-20's and 40's. I've been flying at UVSC to date (PVU), and although the prices are awesome they're a little anal about flying passengers. I know OK3 has DA-20's, so who else around the area has Diamond airplanes? I saw 3 DA-40's on the ramp at Salt Lake #2 the other day, but didn't have a chance to find out who owned them.

Thanks!

AirCenter at SLC#2. They have DA-40's for rental/instruction, with and without the Garmin 1000 glass panels.

Its been a while since I checked, but Air Center of Salt Lake (SLC#2) seems to have one of the bigger selections of aircraft and decent prices.

If you go to G&B up at Bountiful Skypark, they'll try to sell you a club membership for $5500 the about $30-50/month after. JIP. Other than that goofy club of theirs, it seems like a reasonable place.

I checked out aircenter and they do have some decent prices on the airframes I'm looking for. They have a flying club as well, 700 to join and 50 a month. Even the club hourly prices are about what I'm paying at UVSC. I just want to have a few more options available. I'm working on my instrument in the DA-40 down there, and frankly it's a giant pain to try to get cleared to take a passenger up or take an airplane on a relatively long x-country. I took a katana to ENV over night and the paperwork beforehand consisted of 4 different manager signatures, calling the chief pilot, signing away my first born, etc.

Thing is, I'm using my GI Bill bennies at UVSC, so the out of pocket is really low. I guess the price I pay is having to get the Chief's permission to so much as leave the PVU delta airspace.:rolleyes:

I'll see what Bountiful's got as well, but it looks like aircenter is my best option for the 40's and OK3 for the 20. Thanks for the input.

Aircenter's checkout is fairly painless, too...couple signatures, ac quiz and my flight was like .7 . Cost me about 90$.

Latest resources

Back