• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Aircraft mechanic training

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
“What I wish every American understood is, despite its attendant risks and sacrifices, military service even for one or two enlistments or for a career is one of the most rewarding experiences you could ever have. Make no mistake, those risks and sacrifices are great and daunting even in peacetime. But few other occupations so completely invest your life with importance, even historic importance, and so well develop your character along lines of excellence. It is an advantage and a satisfaction you will always have that others will never know" from John McCain to a Pensacola a graduating class "

Well Said. Some of the best adult memories include my times both enlisted and officer in the USAF. Some great memories of deployments both peace time and combat. Wouldn't have changed a thing.

Well Said. Some of the best adult memories include my times both enlisted and officer in the USAF. Some great memories of deployments both peace time and combat. Wouldn't have changed a thing.
Would you say the same if you lost both legs, one arm and a hand to an IED? Any combat experience?

Would you say the same if you lost both legs, one arm and a hand to an IED? Any combat experience?
Nor would he say the same thing if he was dead. Combat experience runs from direct hand to hand exchanges at the most violent end to suppressing anti-air, to dropping bombs from FL350. All of these brings different levels of exposure to the dangers of being in the combat.

I do not claim to be combat vet. I flew direct combat support in Vietnam. But I go back to my experience as a first tour JO in a deployed squadron. It was the most fantastic experience of my life. I do it again in a heart beat, it full filled a life long dream of a 5 year old.

Nor would he say the same thing if he was dead. Combat experience runs from direct hand to hand exchanges at the most violent end to suppressing anti-air, to dropping bombs from FL350. All of these brings different levels of exposure to the dangers of being in the combat.

I do not claim to be combat vet. I flew direct combat support in Vietnam. But I go back to my experience as a first tour JO in a deployed squadron. It was the most fantastic experience of my life. I do it again in a heart beat, it full filled a life long dream of a 5 year old.
Your dreams, my nightmare. Do a little research read a little of Lt Col. Dave Grossman's writings/research.

Latest resources

Back