• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Aircraft maintenance schools in the Mid Atlantic region or Northeast

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've looked at both Guilford Tech and Wayne Tech, but neither have programs that are flexible enough for an airline schedule (i.e. either day or evening classes Mon - Fri). Anyone know of a school where you can break up the training into individual courses so you can take a lighter load?

I've looked at both Guilford Tech and Wayne Tech, but neither have programs that are flexible enough for an airline schedule (i.e. either day or evening classes Mon - Fri). Anyone know of a school where you can break up the training into individual courses so you can take a lighter load?

The problem is the student needs to be in the classroom or lab for a certain number of hours as mandated by yours truly, the FAA. your problem will be trying to juggle both the classroom and lab requirements with all of its assorted projects. The instructors would need to be present as well. I am not sure if any school in the US public or private would be flexible enough for you to pull this off.

I started working on my A&P at Middle Tennessee, the program had individual classes so I could go at my own pace. I was able to take a couple of them, but then I moved out of state. You can still get the same lab and classroom hours this way (because of course the FAA requires it), it's just a different way of doing the same thing. At Guilford and Wayne you get all your hours and labs by taking Semester 1, Semester 2, etc.... At MTSU you take Aero 3020, Aero 4301, etc... I was hoping there was a local school that had a program like this that is flexible around an airline schedule.

Latest resources

Back